Saturday, November 08, 2008

Introducing the Sketch File

I've decided it was about time I started storing my card and LO sketches in one place, so I've spent the afternoon making a new blog which I've called the Kathy's Waffle Sketch File - or just Sketch File for short. lol
It's really just a place where I can add sketches I've already made, and also new ones as I do them - plus cards I make using them. If you like using sketches, please keep checking back there for more inspiration and hopefully mojo-boosting templates. I'd love it if you would pop back and leave a message on the new blog if you do use one of the sketches - and I'd appreciate it if you'd give credit when you use them.

This week I've been busy with a few things including new cards for Leo at Crafty Templates.
This month she sent some lovely "Woodland Wonders" themed papers for me to use with the templates. In the pack were some rather lovely papers from the "Family Tree" collection - one of the debut ranges from Bella Boulevard, along with some from old favourite Sassafras Lass.
Of course there was also the usual eclectic mix of ribbons, buttons and other interesting and fun things that Leo always adds to her kits.
Most of the templates Leo sent for me to play with this time had a Woodland/Nature theme and they are such fun!

The first card I'm going to share is my Funky Hippy Hedgehog card
She's called that because she's gone all "flower power" lol
I cut lots of the flowers out from the paper and fixed them onto the base just by the middle so that the petals would still be £D, some were raised still more using foam tape.

Hope you like her.
For more info on Crafty Templates check out the shop here (and I notice Leo has a SALE on atm too!), and also visit the CT blog here.

Back soon with another garden visitor

13 comments:

Janice said...

I love your hedgehog - who'd have thought it would have FLOWERS on it hee hee!

Angelnorth said...

Awww, looks like she's been rolling in flower meadow! Sweet card Kathy!

Kaz said...

Oh wow that hedgehog is fab Kathy!

Jozza said...

Oh my....I am totally in love with that hedgehog. Absolutely fantastic Kathy :o)

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabulous Kathy, it's the sort of card I would never want to put away. :)
sshh don't tell everyone about the sale!!!! or not at least till I've talked hubby round to making a purchase for me!!!!! hehehehe
I was holding on till Monday, is there a kit due out???? just get that feeling. xxx

artfulstampin said...

what a cute hedgehog! Loved your BIA book, might steal that idea!!! Have emailed you a little pressie...

Smileygem said...

Lovely card - where does it hinge though?

Anonymous said...

WOW !! it's totally cute !!!! great great job !

Karen said...

hahahahahahaha I LOVE it Kathy!!! X

Anonymous said...

WOW - beautiful hedgehog Kathy!!

CraftyC said...

This is a stunning card Kathy, love it!
Clairex

Canne said...

that hedgehog is amazing!!

CLARE said...

Such a cute hedgie - great idea to put 3d flowers on him. The papers are yummy