Thursday, November 20, 2008

Explosion!

For ages now I've been looking at Exploding Boxes and thinking about having a go at making one. When my designer kit arrived from Bubbly Funk with the November goodies inside I knew what I would do with the box-blank from 3Bugs that I found in there!
It was more a case of what to put in it, so I left it to one side while I got started on other projects and hoped that an idea would have a chance to brew!

So I made the card I showed on Bubbly Scrumptious emag last week, and some more cards and projects that I've still to put on there and then I got started on this box. I've loved making this so much it's jumped the queue of projects because I couldn't wait any longer to blog it! So today I've uploaded my Christmas Memories Box in my Thursday Project slot, and now I can put it on here too.
It's not finished yet - I'm adding photos of the Christmases since Hubby and I were married, and I don't want to fill it up all in one go. I'm trying to choose photos that bring reminders of certain events, particular gifts, different people and places associated with our various Christmases together. It's been a lovely thing to do, but not without some sadness when I see photos of loved ones who are no longer here to celebrate with us.
You can check out my box project, and see lots of fab projects for the November Kit, all the other kits and lots of other things available from the Bubbly Funk shop in the Bubbly Scrumptious emag

I've just been over to the BF shop site and see there are still November kits in stock - I thought they'd be sold out! So there's still a chance to get your sticky mitts on these fab Dream Stree Wonderland papers, the box, a beautiful chipboard book and all sorts of other delights - check the shop for a full list of contents

18 comments:

Beckie said...

Oh that is to yummy!

Gez Butterworth said...

Stunning Kathy.:)

Hazel said...

Scrumptuously delicious!!

Di said...

Stunning box Kathy, I love it xx

Angelnorth said...

This looks fab Kathy! Love all the little extra like the tags hanging from some 'pages' and the central tree is adorable!

Kaz said...

That is stunning Kathy. I love it!

Anonymous said...

fabulous totally stunning xxx

Sarah said...

Kathy - this is just fabulous!!! So much detail - funny I have never made one of these either - you may just have inspired me.

Janice said...

Gorgeous box Kathy. I'm sure you will enjoy choosing your photos.

Carol Ann said...

Absolutely fantastic just love it! x

Mote said...

Kathy!!!!! I am very pleased that you visited my blog. it is an honor for me.
Your blog, I love most. I am like to watch your ideas. thanks to your blog, I decided to take up scrspbooking. it is true. I like your style - bright and cheerful.
Can I use some of your ideas in my works???? particularly I like your flowers.

Hazel said...

It's me again - Please look here to receive an award

Hazel said...

It's me again - just realised that you've already had this reward - knew I'd seen it somewhere recently! But the thought was still there!

Enfys said...

Gosh, this is your first box? It's just gorgeous.

Esther said...

a lovely keepsake Kathy, and a great obgoing project to get stuck into! KLove th combination of mixed papers and embellies!

Sara said...

Absolutely amazing, and so prety too.

Powerful Search Engine said...

This is so wow! kathy

Jackie said...

Love it.
I really like making these boxes and they are always treasured by the customers and the recipients because they don't see them anywhere else!