Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Apples and Pears

I've got a few pics from Audley End House to share - actually I took loads of photos over the weekend, but I promise not to show them all!
One of my favourite places at Audley End House is the kitchen garden, it's changed a lot since we first visited when it was little more than a large glasshouse and a walled wilderness. Now the garden has been cleared and cultivated and the glasshouse, which is huge, is filled with all sorts of vines and other plants. There are masses of apples, pears and squashes growing, and at the moment they've got fab displays of some of the produce. I loved the way they've displayed all the different varieties of apples and pears they've grown - I could only get a fraction of the display in my photo.



This huge barrow was filled with all sorts of squashes, and in the entrance to the greenhouse there were shelves filled with loads of different shapes, sizes and colours of pumpkins.

There are flowers too, the red of these dahlias was just beautiful in Friday's sunshine






Since we last visited Audley End they've opened a new exhibition - the Service Wing of the house has been renovated and the various areas are now shown more as they would have looked when the house was lived in. They've done a fab job and its a really interesting place to nose around in. I loved the look of this range - I didn't fancy keeping it, or all the copper pots gleaming though! You can check out the pastry room, the various cold stores, the laundry room and all sorts of other interesting areas vital to the smooth running of One's Country House ;-)

Back to some crafting stuff now

Another of the cards I made for the August Bubbly Funk kit which featured lots of the gorgeous K&Co's Wild Saffron range of goodies.
The beautiful colours, and fab embellishments, like the 3D butterflies and the paper ribbon were inspirational.
I really wanted to use a quotation for this card, but I couldn't find one that worked in the way I wanted. So I just made something up!

7 comments:

tracy said...

that house looks lovely,i like the way they've shown the fruits too:)
great card,as always,and love the saying too :)

Karen said...

I love that range but wouldn't fancy cleaning it either!!! Bet it cooks lovely bread!!

Clever you with the quote...you should have claimed it and put your name underneat Kathy X

Juliet said...

Ooooh what a lovely surprise Kathy - thank you so much, I absoluately love it! I recognise the work in progress below now LOL.
I will treasure it!
Love Juliet xxx

Janice said...

Lots of lovliness here Kathy, looks like you had a good time.

Lovely card too, I still have some of that paper left, I don't want to use it but I know I should!

Gez Butterworth said...

Fab photos, the squashes look interesting altogether. Glad you had a nice day out and the weather was fine. Lovely card Kathy and a great sentiment.

carolann said...

Fab pics hun and a brilliant card love the butterfly well done xxxx

Sarah C said...

This card is just WOW. I love that sentiment. Please can I 'lift' it sometime?

BTW, I found your blog through Juliet. I love the card and gift you made her xxx