Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Just in Time



Only just got this card finished in time to do a photo before the light went! It's for the latest Daring Cardmakers' Little Extra - which is to make a card to go with whatever weather or season you've got in your part of the world. With visitors to the blog from all over the world it should be fun to see how everyone gets on with this one.

I love snowdrops, they are a glimmer of hope that winter is drawing to an end at last, and here in Hertfordshire there are snowdrops all over the place - it's still freezing cold and we've had lots of frost, but it really cheers me up to see the snowdrops.

I've been busy with cards today, I had an order for an engagement card which needs to go to the office tomorrow - and I only remembered about in the middle of the night - had to get up and leave myself a note or I'd have forgotten again!I've also done my card for Friday's DCM challenge, not without a good old struggle along the way, though, and finished one of the birthday cards I need to make for little Sam's first birthday. This one's for my aunt and uncle to send to him so I hope they like it!
Tomorrow I'm hoping to get another "Sam" card done - the one for us to send this time, and maybe even do a page or two for that mini scrapbook....And I've yet to do any new pages for the "Sam Scrapbook" this year so should try and get some Christmas ones doe=ne before I forget where all the Christmas bits and bobs are.

Oooh yes my luverley, yummy new SA Kit arrived today and it is seriously fab, with some great dingbat style stamps, some chipboard plaques, flowers, ribbons and of course, some lovely paper and card. Are you jealous? Well you should be!

5 comments:

Dollydimps said...

Fab cards as usual Kathy! I feel the same way as you about the snowdrops too-it gives me hope for things to come.

Paula J Atkinson said...

you have been busy!!
But have you got anymore pages of your book done yet?? You know we are watching you..hee hee

I know just waht you mean about trying to finish before the light goes!!! I have 2 12" layouts & can't blog them until the photos will be better to me. The orange page for the photo swop was a nightmare to do as it needed to be posted off & every photo looked acid. So I took a tip & turned off the flash & thankfully it worked!

Anonymous said...

oh they are stunning Kathy!! I know Sam will love his special card. Yousee snowdrops out your window and I look out the window here in nz and see sun and blue skies....

Pearl said...

wahoo wowee !loads of inspiration here .love the Sam card !Gotta put it into my Book of Designs if you dont mind ! lol


Hmmm I don't think it ever rains here everyday in Singapore , Kathy ! lol - altho there had been monosson seasons b4 where it did rain nonstop for days on end but still rare these days . Enjoying the blazing sun here I'm afraid !

How wonderful that you've ever come thru Singapore ! Will see if I am going to the UK anytime soon lol( first choice is the US I'm afraid ) - I do have a Sporean relative in Devon who's invited us over .... who knows ...

Gillian said...

Yes I am competely jealous!!! LOL!! esp about the dingbat stamps.... can't wait to see what you do with them...
Kathy beautiful cards... just love your snowdrop one.. my Nanna grows them.. and that engagement one, oh scrummy!!! and little Sam's card is just the cutest card, love the ribbons popping out from behind the greeting...