Well this week my turn to set the dare came round again and a sudden flash of inspiration, or maybe insanity led me to the title 20/20 Vision and the idea of using sets of 20 items on one card.
I'd like you to use 20 of one particular thing on a card - be it blooms, papers, brads, ribbons - the choice is yours.
You can use other things too, but there must be 20 of one item/component - not 20 things altogether, that would be too easy.
For instance, can you use 20 different papers on one card? 20 Ribbons?Or 20 Blooms - well surely that one sounds easy...
Now if you're really up for a challenge and want to try for TWO lots of 20 - well - then we'd all be really impressed!
Total madness - why did I announce that one before actually having a go to see if I could do it?
Why can't I take more notice of the old, and very wise advice to "Look before you leap"?
Well the girls didn't panic or moan (well not out loud, anyway...) and you really should visit the Daring Cardmakers blog to see the amazing cards they've come up with for this dare.
I did panic and moan, but eventually came up with this one:It's yet another one made with petals cut from papers and tweaked to give some dimension. This time I hand cut the petals in slightly different shapes, I used 20 different papers to make this card; they are from the Crate Avenue and Birdie collections, plus some others from the October '06 & January '07 Self Addressed kits. It still looked a bit dull so I added 20 eyelets in the corners.
So I can claim the full 20/20 for this one, though I'm sure someone somewhere could make a card with 20 different ribbons on it - which was what I really wanted to do....anyone up for the challenge!
Here's the card I've made for little cousin Sam's first birthday. I've been wanting to try the fold I saw on Tracey's blog for ages and it seemd a good one for this card - I can enter it in the "Oh Boy!!!" male cards midweek challenge too :-)
I'm not sure where the paper came from, I've had it for ages, it was a set of patterns in the same colour so that makes matching difficult blues much easier! I made the number from some cereal packet "chipboard" covered with more paper and some Glossy Accents over the top. The die cuts are QK and I've used stickers for the name - the first time I've ever used them!
And I've two more new cards to show, both using papers from the MM Simply Fabulous range and both using the same layout. The blooms are from various places - the green ones are fab, they were from a little pack in my Christmas stash, some have glitter, some are plain and some have spots.