Friday, October 29, 2021

Orange, Purple and Black with Stars


   Hello!

Have you had a good week? I hope so.

Finally, after taking just a couple of days to travel from Prague to the UK then sitting in a Customs shed in Dartford since the start of the month OH's new work tech (laptop, keyboard, screens, wires etc) was released and deli vered this week. In the meantime, as HM Customs don't give any info as to when or even if they will release goods, his new company arranged to have another laptop delivered from a UK supplier just so he could start to get on with stuff.  Don't ask me, its about processor speed and such like. 

Thank you sooo much to all those who voted FOR Brexit and have made life difficult in so many ways

Obviously everything arrived on the same day, the separate laptop arriving about an hour after the enormous box with the whole kit in it.

So that's about as exciting as its been around here this week

This week's  Daring Cardmakers challenge
It's Dawn here this time and as this weekend will be full of Ghoulies and Ghosties and Four-legged Beasties, I thought we could make 
Halloween Inspired
our starting point. So you could make a traditional kind of Halloween card, but it doesn't have to be ghosts and witches, instead, you could choose to use  Halloween colours (black, purple and orange) or Autumn things like pumpkins and apples, or creatures connected to the season such black cats, cute owls, or a starry sky.
 
Check out the ideas from our wonderful design team HERE
Not being a great fan of Halloween stuff I chose to go with Dawn's suggestion to use the colour scheme, plus the starry sky and add a card to my meagre pile of Christmas Cards.  I'm so behind with making them and you know what they say; Every Little Helps!...


 Info
Starting with a white square card. I used washi tape to mask a rectangular shape, then filled it in with orange, purple and black inks/
After removing the tape I added stencilled stars using a Memory Box stencil and some silver glitter paste (Stamperia).  This time I stencilled out of the rectangle, so that some of the stars are on the white area of the card.
The row of tiny houses and the silver trees are die cuts. I added tiny bits of black and gold paper behind the doors and windows
To finish I added a white on black Christmas sentiment and a loopy bow topped with an punched star
 
Thank you so much for coming by, please don't go without leaving a little message, I do love to hear from you.  
Or maybe I really am just talking to myself
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe,
 


3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a fantastic card. I love it. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Angelnorth said...

Lovely use of the Hallowe'en colours for a dramatic night sky - great card for the Christmas pile Kathy!

Shabneez said...

Your Christmas cards are just the best Kathy! Pleased OH got his parcel! Shabneez x