Friday, October 01, 2021

October Elemental Challenge


  Hello!
This week has whizzed by and I'm not keeping up with it!
So straight on to this week's  Daring Cardmakers challenge!
  

October Elemental Challenge

This time our 'First Friday' Elemental Inspiration Challenge actually lands on the first day of October!
Ruth has chosen a mood board full of textures and colour to inspire your crafting this week.
For those of you that need a reminder you simply need to pick any 3 elements or more from the picture below (colours count as one) to use when you make your card

After some deliberation and changes of heart (I really wanted to use that stained glass window, but couldn't work out now other elements would fit in with it) I came up with this, using the zigzag pattern from the floor, a potted plant and the tiny tag and Bakers' Twine from the bunny picture.


 Info
Starting with a White square card, I used a zigzag stencil, masked to leave just a roughly shaped rectangle and added inks in various aqua shade using a soft brush.
The flower pot is a cup die minus the handle, cut from a piece of inked card, then covered with Glossy Accents. Once dry I glued a piece of thickish cardboard to the back of the pot and glued it in place first adding the Black and White Twine. 
 The piece of card gives dimension and means there's enough room to poke some leaf shaped die cuts under the rim later. 
For the roses I inked up some thinner card with several peach and pinky shades, then cut the petal shapes with a smaller dies from a couple of different sets.  These were shaped and layered to make the roses.

Several different leaf shapes were die cut from a couple of shades of green card and the layout of leaves and rose was built up and glued in place.
Next I made the tiny tag and used a pin from my stash to attach it onto the pot/
To complete the card I cut a couple of tiny butterflies and added some mini jewels to decorate the plant pot


 Thank you so much for coming by, please don't go without leaving a little message as I do love to hear from you.  Otherwise I think I'm just talking to myself (again)
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe,


 

2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Love this bright creation Kathy! Shabneez x