Friday, February 26, 2021

Happy Ever After

 

Hello
 
Hope your week has gone well

I'm late today, so getting straight to this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge
Fairy Tale Day
Celebrate National Tell A Fairy Tale Day with us today! Rizwana would like you to create a card inspired by a Fairy Tale or fairytale character.

Mine ended up as a card with that age-old Fairytale ending as its theme - though when I starred it was going to be based on Rumpelstiltskin and have more gold thread.  

I think what I loved about the Rumpelstiltskin story was the picture of him stamping his foot so hard that it went through the floorboards and got stuck.  

Could that be because I've always been a bit of a 'stamps foot in frustration' kind of person myself? hmmm. maybe!

Info
Large white square card blank, plus more matching card for die-cutting the cascading hearts and the background square. Gold card for the scalloped square, and various glitter, shiny and pearl gold card scraps for the heart details
I adhered 2 white heart cascades together, cutting some away to get the shape I wanted I cut some parts of the cascade in the gold cards, along with some of the fill in hearts. I used these to add gold 'frames' over some of the white areas, and fill in white 'frames' with the different types of gold card

The sentiment pieces were created on the pc and printed out, then a hew bits of gold thread were added, along with a couple of red gems 

Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when you do!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe


5 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Another lovely use of those cascading hearts and I love the little metallic thread fringes (tassels?) - fab card Kathy!

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I love the design. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card Kathy
Gr Karin

Cherish Designs said...

A beautiful card Kathy love the cascading hearts and all the tiny heart details. Its so pretty with the gold, black and white. I would have loved to see your version of Rumpelstiltskin too.;)
Thank you for playing along hugs Rizwana x

Shabneez said...

Such a lovely sentiment and card Kathy. Shabneez x