Friday, February 19, 2021

Lip-synching

 

   Hello, 
I hope your week has gone well, and you have something to look forward to at the weekend.

I'm getting straight to Joanne's Daring Cardmakers challenge for this week.  A bit of a continuation from last week's smoochy Valentine's Day theme
Kiss Kiss!
Ever heard that the Friday after Shrove Tuesday is Kissing Friday?
Unthinkable nowadays, but until the mid-20th century this strange UK custom allowed a schoolboy to kiss a girl without fear of a slap or a telling off! It was especially popular in the Victorian and Edwardian era.
As today is Kissing Friday I challenge you to make a card with a kiss this week - it could be an image of characters kissing, some luscious lips or use a kissing technique with your rubber stamps.
I was a bit stumped for quite a while with this one.  I had no dies that could be used, and no real, or digital papers which would work either. In the end I turned to an image search with that clever Ms Google and found this smiling mouth image.
Info
Square white card blank, plus more card in white, red and  black
I resized and printed the mouth image, then covered the lips with Glossy Accents.

The sentiment was printed directly onto the card and the large letters cut from red and black card using a Spellbinders die set;1 layer in red, 2 in black. Once the letters were ready they were adhered to the top of the card. 

Once the image was dry I layered it onto red and black card rectangles and adhered the whole thin at a jaunty angle to the card blank and I was done!

Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when people take the time to add a message!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe

3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

fabulous card Kathy
Gr Karin

Angelnorth said...

And I’d say you managed to K.I.S.S. as well, great bold card Kathy and the GA lipgloss is a perfect touch!