Friday, March 05, 2021

Tiny Handmade Roses


 

 Hello, Happy Friday!

I hope you've had a good week,hopefully all the steps we've taken and the roll out of the vaccines will mean a gradual return to what used to be normal.  Call me pessimistic, but there's a part of me that still can't help worrying that a lot of people will think "Great, its all over" and stop taking precautions and it'll be back to rising death rates and overcrowded hospitals.  
Its getting better, but we're not out of the woods yet.
March Elemental Inspiration 
 
Just pick a minimum of 3 elements from Nat's beautiful moodboard to use when making your card. 
The Colour palette counts as 1 element. 
we can't wait to see what you choose, and what you make!

 
 There are so many ideas on this board - you need to zoom right in to check them all out!  I wanted to use this challenge to make a card for MiL for Mothering Sunday, and eventually chose the flowery background designs,the colours, a pop of gold and some thread

Info
Smooth white card blank

Digital papers from Alphabet Store (via Etsy), resized and printed onto textured Bazzill white card. I chose 2 designs to use for the centre panel, then cut the Tonic Scribbled Diamond frame from a gold card with a fine ribbed texture. The frame was adhered in place using a few pieces of chipboard, which were later hidden with the flowers and leaves.

For the roses I inked both sides of a piece of very thin card and used a set of Marianne petal dies in different sizes to cut the layers and shaped them with a ball tool before gluing the various components together.  The leaves are cut from green card using my favourite Spellbinders Leafy Swirl die; I just separate the little bunches of leaves, dip the ends in glue and tuck them in wherever I want them. I also die cut the leafy areas of the frame again and added those for an extra pop of gold.

The sentiment pieces were created on the pc using Paint Shop Pro.  I just use the 'negative image' command to change to black ground with white writing, then resize and print.  You just have to remember to give the black ink plenty of time to dry though!

Finally I added a bow made with gold thread


Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, its really appreciatedHappy Crafting, and please Stay Safe



2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous. It is just so pretty. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeousssssss Kathy
Gr Karin