Friday, January 22, 2021

Squaring Up

 

 Hello,

 
Hope you and your loved ones are keeping safe and well and managing to find some happy things amid all the bad stuff we are dealing with. 
 It's not easy though, is it?

My own piece of Positivity is that at last I'm starting to feel more creative! Whoop Whoop!
So I'm getting straight to this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge as I actually enjoyed making it.  Though the flower did cause me a bit of a 'moment'!

This week our lovely Shabneez is in the chair with this challenge.

You're So Square!

Use squares on your cards - the more the better!  You could use a square card base, apertures, stamps or stencils.  Show me how you can use squares creatively!

Click here to see this week's design team inspiration  

I resisted the urge to go straight to the fab Scribbled Squares die set, which was Very brave of me!  Instead, I thought I'd have a bit of fun with Nuvo Embellishment Mousse and a Crafter's Workshop stencil

Info
I went off the 'square' by cutting a narrow strip off the side of white square card blank/  Maybe I should have left it square to keep in the spirit of the challenge, but I can be a rebel sometimes 😲😮
I used lots of different colours of lovely Nuvo Embellishment mousse with the TCW squares stencil.  I love the multi coloured mosaic effect that I ended up with - the problem was what to do next!
I thought a simple HAPPY BIRTHDAY greeting would work ok so cut a couple of black layers of each letter then a layer in a soft sheen gold card.  The plan was to stop there but it did look a bit unfinished.
I remembered making a flower from punched squares and I thought that would be a fun way to play with the theme.  They are a bit fiddly, but a bit of fun - with hindsight I'd have just used the flower and some basic leaves rather than the leafy swirl, but never mind, you can't have it all and I'm happy that just something worked!
 
Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when people take the time to leave a message!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe



5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous birthday card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

jane stillman said...

Who'd have thought you could make such a fabulous card using squares. Love it! s

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a very beautiful card Kathy

gr karin

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

just stunning Kathy! love the sentiment and background

Shabneez said...

Those squares look amazing Kathy! Shabneez x