Friday, January 08, 2021

A Whole New Year....

Hello, Happy New Year!
Hope all is well with you, and you are coping ok with this latest Covid-19 situation.  Hopefully all the vaccination programmes will start having an effect - though its going to take a very long time fora lot of us to get even as far as seeing the queue, let alone the front of it!

Getting back into crafting after the Christmas break is always tough for me. Even though I'm very happy to put the Christmas stuff away and eager to get on with other projects, when I sit at my desk nothing happens! Hey ho!
 
I can's say I'm completely happy with my card for the first Daring Cardmakers challenge of the year, but you have to start somewhere
don't you?


January Elemental Inspiration Challenge

 Just pick a minimum of 3 elements from Dawn's Wintry mood-board
 to use when making your card.
Using the Colour palette counts as 1 element..
We're looking forward to seeing what you make
 
I chose to use the squares, the cup and a pop of bright orange as my elements for this card.

Info
Slim white card blank
I inked a piece of scrap white card with a couple of pale blue shades of ink, then added some Nuvo Embellishment Mousse in Powder Blue and  a tiny amount of Cornflower Blue over the top to give a little shimmer.
From this I cut the three square, which I matted onto Kraft card squares that I'd embossed with a wood-grain effect embossing folder
For the flowers and cup I started by inking more card scraps then used a Spellbinders die set for the cup and the flowers are from a Memory Box Snowflake wreath die. 
The sentiment is also by Spellbinders
I added a few blur gems to complete the card
 

Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when people take the time to leave a message!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe


4 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Fun card Kathy! I know what you mean about getting back in to the crafty swing after Christmas but I think you managed it, the orange/blue combo is so cheerful!

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous. Stay safe and take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

cute and beautiful Kathy
Gr Karin

Miri said...

I like the squares in the background. It makes a perfect backdrop for the colourful mug and the flowers. I think it's a great crafty start into the new year 2021!