Friday, January 29, 2021

Brighter Days are On Their Way (or, The Power of Positive Thinking)

 

  Hello,

  Well, we've almost made it to the end of January, it's been a tough month in so many ways, hasn't it?
 I really hope you and your loved ones are coping ok with all the Covid stuff -  it was always going to come back and bite us hard, especially when winter came around, if only more people had been more pessimistic (sometimes pessimism helps, you know!) and kept up their guard!
 It's not easy though, is it?
 
 This week's Daring Cardmakers challenge has been set by our lovely Queen of Mixed Media, Svenja:
This week especially the weather has been very varied in my area here in western Germany. We literally had it all: snow, sunshine, rain... no hail, though. So I guess the theme I thought up for you fit's just fine:

No Matter the Weather :-)

Get out your wellies and umbrellas, snowflakes, rainbows and parasols and make a weather-themed card!

Click here to see this week's design team inspiration  

One of the gifts in my Christmas stocking was a really cute little die set from Sizzix featuring lots of garden and gardening items. Among the dies was a welly boot and this challenge gave me the ideal opportunity to use it

 Info

Card blank is a smooth white 'fat' rectangle with a top fold. To start with I inked up a few pieces of the same snoot card with various shades of ink.  I like the wau the inks work on the card, the finish is less 'flat' than if I'd used coloured cardstock, plus ot has a bit of a sheen.
I die cut 2 boots for each colour and glued the pairs together adding a small strip f card between the layers to give a little dimension. After arranging them on mu card I glued them down, again adding a scrap of card, to the reverse - this gave me enough of a gap to add the sentiment strip under the boots on the top row.
The sentiment was created in Paint Shop Pro and sized to fit the space. I cut narrow strips from spare inked card to make the banners and glued them to the reverse of the sentiment before gluing down.
For the flowers I found the smallest flower dies from various sets and cut them out from more inked scraps. 
To finish and add a bit of glamour for a rainy day when you need your wellies. I added gems for the flower centres on the boots.


 At this point I will tell you a secret: I don't own a pair of wellies 🤯😲😮

 Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when people take the time to leave a message!


Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe


4 comments:

jane stillman said...

What a fabulous card - full of gorgeous colours and a great design xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

What a gorgeous project today Kathy

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card great design Kathy

gr karin

Angelnorth said...

This is great fun Kathy - I’d go for the turquoise/aqua pair top left when you’re choosing some to fill the gap in your footwear provision!