Friday, August 02, 2019

August Elemental Inspiration



Hello!
Gosh I'm late today!
It's been one of those weeks - we all have them, don't we?
Anyway, I'll keep this short (for once!) and try to get it posted before something else comes up!
On the Daring Cardmakers Blog today we've our August Elemental Inspiration challenge.  It was my turn to choose the picture so I hope you like it and feel inspired to join in with us.

As usual our first challenge of the month is an
 Elemental Inspiration Challenge.  
 For August we have this beautiful Summery Mood Board
 Remember, you just need to pick a minimum 3 elements  from the picture to use when making your card.  If you choose to use the colour palette, then that would count as one of your elements
Suggested elements; 
Fairground, Sunglasses, Shells, Hearts, Beach, Parasol, Sunset.....

I liked all the squares and rectangles so decided to have a go at using them, along with the gorgeous sultry pastel shades to make a background for my card. Then I chose the hearts and the flowers to make the focus element.
Info
To begin I inked up several scraps of smooth white card, then cut them up to create the background
I used larger pieces of more inked up card to cut out the heart shapes using a fabulous dies set from Right Rosa
More inked card for the flowers, but this time I used a thinner Bazzill white card.  The dies are from the Moonstone range by Hunkydory
I layered black and white die cuts for the sentiment, Happy is by Polka Soodles and Birthday by CraftStashUK
I added some Glossy Accents to some of the heart shapes, and finished off with a few tiny black gems for the flower centres

I like the way the background worked.  Probably because it was just a case of cutting the bits to fit across the card!
I hope you'll pop over to see the fab cards the DT have made this week, and of course it would be wonderful to have you join in with the Daring Cardmakers this week

Thanks for looking in today

Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Lovely the summery mosaic background pieeces, fab card Kathy!

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card I love it. Those colours are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a beautiful and cheerful card Kathy

gr karin

Svenja said...

Awesome colours, Kathy! Shame I didn't get to make something off that lovely moodboard :-( Your card transports the summer feeling perfectly <3

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So very pretty. Gorgeous die cuts, beautiful colors