Friday, August 23, 2019

I'd Like to be... Under the Sea



Hello

I hope this Friday finds you well, and all ready for the Bank Holiday Weekend - the last one till Christmas......🤯
Still it's warm and sunny and hopefully will stay like that for a good few weeks yet!
We're heading under the sea for the Daring Cardmakers this time, and it's had me singing that "Octopuses Garden" song all week!

It's Svenja here and I'm kind of sticking with last week's watery theme. Because...

I'd like to be... under the sea...

I would like your cards to feature any kind of underwater life. Virtual extra brownie points for octopusses (with or without gardens).

Hope this crafty weekend goes swimmingly for y'all.

Click HERE to see what the team made this week 


Info
I startred by using a few pale watery shades of ink to add some colour to my card front.
Next I used a large Studio Light stamp and a slightly darker bleuey-green ink to add the water bubblespattern
I wanted to use a piece of netting as the next layer, but having gone through my 'useful stuff' box twice, I realised I didn't have any, so instead I made a quick trellis template for cutting on the Silhouette Cameo.  After inking it to the greeny colour I was after I scrunched it up in my hands to add some shape and glued it quite 'loosely' onto the card
The seaweed, octopus, fish and crab are all die cut using die sets from
Spellbinders. The seaweed is actually branches from a Cherry Blossom set.
To finish I added tiny googly eyes to the sea creatures, some dots 
of Ice Stickles to some of the water bubbles and a
 silly sentiment, which I'd printed out on the pc

We'd love to have you join in with us this week, just click on the Daring Cardmakers link to find out more

Thanks for looking in today

Happy Crafting!








7 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a beautiful sea card Kathy

gr karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card I love the underwater scene you have created. Have a great weekend. Hugs Jackie

Angelnorth said...

Yay, you stamped! The bubbles are a perfect choice for a nervous stamper, they don’t need to be perfect after all. Love the googly eyes too!

Janet Packer said...

Love your card - and that cheeky crab!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Fabulous under the sea card. Love all the die cuts

Handmade by Natty said...

Wow Kathy, it truly is a feast for the eyes. I always admire it when a designer can create something out of a die designed for another purpose. The cherry blossom seaweed is inspired, and I just love your underwater scene. Fab stuff! x

Gwyneth said...

Fab card. I love the sentiment.
GG