Monday, April 08, 2019

Jackie's card

Hi there

Something I really missed when Craft Forums became less popular were the Birthday Card clubs that often housed them so after my own birthday last year I asked around on FB to see if anyone was interested in starting one up. 
It's just so special to send and receive some lovely handmade cards on your special day!
So today I'm sharing a card made for one of my lovely crafting friends in our group. I've 'known' Jackie for, gosh, it must be over 10 years, and we've worked together on a couple of design teams, but have never actually met in person!  Got to love the interweb, eh?
For this card I broke into a brand new My Mind's Eye paper pad called Gingham Farm - its actually the first paper set I've bought in ages, I've just not been inspired by what I've seen from the big manufacturers recently. But there are lovely and I bought quite a few 12x12 sheets as well as the 6x6 paper pad
The colour palette is mainly Black and White, but with some sage green and naturals in the mix.

I used a few strips of the papers to make the background, adding in some gorgeous white lace.
Then I made some flowers using more of the paper and a Spellbinders Cinch and Go Flowers die set
I added stamens in black and white to the flower centres.
Having arranged the flowers on the card, I cut a few leafy swirls from one of the green-themed papers (also from Spellbinders sets) to tuck behind the flowers.
To finish I added a few pearls and gems, and a die cut sentiment (I think it's a Creative Expressions one)

That's it for today, thank you for coming by - please leave a message 
before you go!

Happy Crafting!

7 comments:

jane stillman said...

This card is gorgeous, love the papers and all the little bits and pieces you've used xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is beautiful Kathy

gr karin

Sylvia said...

What a beautiful card ot receive on your birthday, I bet Jackie loved it. Love the design and the gorgeous papers used.

Sylv xx

Angelnorth said...

I’m sure Jackie loved it Kathy, it’s stylish and elegant and very much a “Kathy card”!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

What a gorgeous card. Lovely

Shabneez said...

Such a beautiful card Kathy - love the design and those colours. Shabneez x

Katie said...

This is stunning