Friday, April 19, 2019

Blooming Wonderful

Hello

It's a beautiful day; warm and sunny, and a Bank Holiday weekend too!
Today I'm sharing the card I made for Ruth's Daring Cardmakers challenge this week
Blooming Wonderful
It's Spring here in the Northern Hemisphere and the parks and 
gardens are beginning to bloom.
I LOVE flowers so lets see lots and lots of them in 
your creations this week!
I love flowers too and they are probably my most used focus item when I make cards.  So why I struggled quite so much too make a card this week I really don't know!
So I started again, and came up with this
 Info
The pale peach card for the card base, and the light cream used over it are both from the Pearl Bouquet pack of Adorable Scorable card by Hunkydory
I used some paper from the Spring Days & Country Life Inserts & Paper Pack (also  Hunkydory) to make the flower.
The dies used to make the curved border and detail, the flower and the leafy There's a length of narrow satin ribbon in the gap between the two pieces of cream card, and some loops of the same ribbon behind the flower. 
 The leafy die cuts and the edges of the flower petals were inked to a darker shade of peach with a Versamagic ink pad and some pearls were added to complete the card.
In the end I quite liked the layout of the card.  I really love this set of edging dies and must look out for another set along the same lines so I have even more options!
You know how you hear good things about something and mean to get your hands on some to try - it was like that for me with the Adorable Scorable card, so when I was contacted by the lovely people at Hunkydory Crafts about reviewing some of their goodies, this stuff was definitely on "Please can I have....." list.  The soft, pretty colours in this particular pack are just stunning.  I'll have more Adorable Scorable stuff to share soon.
Anyway, the DCM blog is a veritable bouquet of beautiful flowers this week, so please do go and have a look - and of course we'd love you to join in and share your own floral creations with us!
Thanks for looking
Hope you get some Bank Holiday crafting in


Happy Easter

6 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I love the design and the flower is just so pretty. Happy Easter. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful and elegant Kathy

gr karin

Sylvia said...

Beautiful floral card, love the peach and cream colour scheme and that gorgeous flower.

Sylv xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Great color combo g on this card today

Shabneez said...

Gorgeous colour way and your florals are the best ever! Shabneez x

Angelnorth said...

Really elegant look to this Kathy, it’s beautiful and the limited colour palette gives it such a stylish look!