Friday, February 01, 2019

February's Elemental Inspiration

Hello!

i hope this Friday finds you well!
We have a bit of snow here today.  Snow-covered  gardens look so pretty - I just wish they'd come up with some kind of magic ingredient so that it didn't settle on the roads and footpaths!

Anyway, on to things crafty and over at The Daring Cardmakers we have February's Elemental Inspiration Picture board to work with this time
All you need to remember is to select at least three elements from Joanne's picture and use them when you make your card
Here's what I've made this week 
 I chose the colours, lace and buttons, and one of my favourite go-to layouts for this one. Here's Joanne's picture

I started by making a stencilled background with my most favourite stencil and several shades of blue ink, plus a little silver Starlights paint and a touch of silver Alchemy Wax.  Then added ribbon, lace and some lovely flowers from my large flower stash (its about time I used some!).  To finish I added some tiny buttons, including a heart shapes one to echo the button heart from the picture, and a die cut sentiment.:


I enjoyed making this - probably because I used so many favourite things and techniques!
I hope you'll take a look at the other wonderful cards our fabulous team have made this week - Click HERE to visit the blog - and we'd love you to join in and play along with us too.

That's all for this time, thank you for visiting
Happy Crafting

9 comments:

jane stillman said...

Love the way you have used the elements you chose and the colours are really pretty

Angelnorth said...

Yay, glad you enjoyed this one! It’s definitely a distinctively Kathy card - looks great! The subtle variations in colour make the stencilling look that bit extra special!

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Handmade by Natty said...

Really love the almost ethereal look of the colours from the flowers and stencil contrasted with the bolder ribbon and trim elements. Lovely card. :D

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is very beautiful Kathy
Gr Karin

Andree said...

A wonderful card Kathy. Lovely colours and pretty elements xx

Sylvia said...

Fabulous layout and elements picked from the photo. Such a pretty card with the stenciled background and flower embellishments.

Sylv xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

I love this! I am going to have to do something like this with all that lace I have. I will be sure to link back to your blog if I do it!! Great design

Shabneez said...

A very pretty creation Kathy - I like those colours together! Shabneez x