Friday, February 22, 2019

Oh Man!

Hello!

The old blogging has slid again this week, but its been a busy one and I#ve failed to catch my tail so far.  So a quick post today and then I have other cards to make - and quickly if they're not going to arrive late!
It's my turn to set the challenge for the Daring Cardmakers and with the first of the 'men' cards of the year needed this week there was no option really!
  
Like a lot of cardmakers I find men's cards a bit of a trial - and as all the boys in the family are getting too old for the kids' cards I used to make for them I need lots of new ideas for cards for men. 
So my challenge is called;
Oh Man!
and I would love you to make and share cards made with men in mind.
As always the design team have come up with some great ideas and you can see them HERE
I made my card with my Hubby's birthday in mind, and went with a cycling theme.  He's longing to get out of commuting to work by car as the traffic is driving him nuts.  His cycle route is off-road, around fields and on unlit tracks so impossible to use in the Winter.  So with the days getting temptingly longer he's
itching to get his bike out and cycle there and back at least a couple of days each week.
The card has a box fold on the lower front so the bike stands out from the background,  It's a bit like the cover of a matchbox, so it folds float to go into an envelope.
I created the mountain bike template using clipart and cut all the pieces with my Silhouette Cameo.  There are several layers to the frame and also the tyres - I wanted to make the spokes from thin wire, and this way I could 'sandwich' the ends of the wire between a couple of tyre shapes.
Materials and Tools
One piece of A4 card wasn't big enough to make the whole card so I made it in two sections; one piece folded to create the front of the card with the stand-out box section, then another piece of card used to make the back.
Black and silver card for the bike
Digital designs from PixelPineClipart resized and printed onto white Bazzill card
Thin wire for the spokes
black and white card for the banner
green card, for the grass, some is hand cut, some fie cut with a Spellbinders die set
Silhouette Cameo and my own mountain bike template
Small gems, a black brad and some Black and white Bakers' Twine

You can see the 'box' fold better on this next photo

That's it for this time, I hope you'll come over and play along with us this time - I definitely need to see what cards you make for all the men in your life!

Thank you for visting, hope you have a wonderful weekend

Happy Crafting


11 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

fab and fantastic card Kathy
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card I love it. I quite like making cards for men. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Just fabulous Kathy! From the card fold to the design. Bet hubby loved it! Shabneez x

jane stillman said...

What a brilliant 'Man's' card - love it and I bet hubby will too

Sylvia said...

Love the card design, bright coloured papers and fold, wonderful card for a cyclist. Great challenge, cards for men are always difficult!

Sylv xx

Ewelina Nowak said...

Hello, perfect very stunning work
I like it

Jan said...

Love your fun card xx Jan

Ewelina Nowak said...

Good Man’s card, i love it

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

What a great die cut combo for this card love the bike

Katie said...

This is stunning

Svenja said...

Fab! I like your sporty take on the theme and all those different layers you've used.