Friday, February 15, 2019

WordArt

Hello
Hope you are well and have had a great week
We have sunshine here today, but chilly - it's been frosty nearly every morning this week.
I'd been thinking about what to do for Sylvia's Daring Cardmakers challenge for a food few days when I suddenly remembered a website I'd come across before Christmas and hadn't had time to check out during the busy Christmas period. This was the perfect opportunity  to try it out!
Hello Sylvia here, 
This week I am hosting the challenge which is
 "ALPHABET SOUP"
I would like to see letters, words or numbers as the main feature of your cards.  You can see the Design Team's ideas HERE
 I decided to combine my WordArt effort with making my Valentine's card for my lovely Other Half:
Once I'd got the layout I was happy with in the WordArt program I  downloaded 
 resized and printed it out onto some card.   
That done, there wasn't much more I needed to do.  I decided to print it a second time and cut out an extra set of the LOVE letters which I then glued over the lower ones with some chipboard between to add some dimension.  I matted this piece onto silver then onto red. A length of red satin ribbon was added to the lower edge of the card and a knotted piece on top. The only other embellishing was a small red heart gem to tidy up the point of the heart
The actual WordArt piece isn't perfect, but it's not bad for a first try.
I do love the whole WordArt 'thing' - in fact, for our Silver Wedding Anniversary last July, I had a large piece made as a gift for Hubby.  I love how personal it is, with words and phrases that mean something to us but seem nonsense to everyone else.  A really special and unique piece of art.  If you are interested, check out Cherry Pete 
. they made and framed mine and I was thrilled with the finished artwork and their service was brilliant.
This is not ours, but one from their website to give an idea what I mean
Anyway, that's all from me for this time.  Please do pop across to see what the rest of the team have been creating this week {HERE}- and of course, we'd love you to give it a whirl and share your own 'Alphabet Soup' with us!
Have a great weekend
Happy Crafting!

7 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautifullllll Kathy

gr karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card I love it. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Katie said...

Stunning card and like the heart stamped with words

Sylvia said...

Fabulous Valentine card, the word art is amazing and I love the finishing touches with the red letters, ribbon and heart.

Sylv xx

Gwyneth said...

Absolutely lovely. it looks amazing.
GG

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

What a gorgeous card today Kathy

Shabneez said...

Absolutely love this one Kathy as you know..... Shabneez x