Monday, January 28, 2019

Please.....Colour Me Happy

Hello

A quick post because I'm very late with my Daring Cardmakers project for Friday's challenge.  The whole "Winter" thing has finally caught up with me and I'm fighting a fit of the Glooms  - and not being very successful with it either.
You would think Ruth's 'Lots of Colour' challenge would be just the ticket for cheering up a grumpy mood but apparently even that didn't work.
Hello!  It's Ruth here and I'm your hostess for this challenge.  Lets banish the dreary, wet and cold January blues with
lots of colour
I want to see lots of colour in your creations!  The more the better!

To see the Design Team creations, just click HERE 
 Enjoy!
I wasn't really happy with how my card turned out - it looked different in my head! The bit I really enjoyed though, was making the littler coloured 'blobs' I used for die cutting the hearts later!
Info
Scrap card and lots of different inks used to make the coloured scraps for die cutting
I cut the hearts using the smallest of the Tonic Nested Hearts die set
The lettering was made using my hot foiling machine.  I used grey foil on black gloss card, the alphabet set is from CraftStashUK  It took ages because of needing a few repeating letters!  Maybe I should invest in a second set....

I've had the brightly coloured hearts twill ribbon literally for years, so it was good to actually use some!  
To finish I added some matching coloured gems.

As I said, I wasn't especially keen on the finished card, so I used some more hearts to make this Thank You card

 The hearts have small pieces of chipboard behind them to give a bit of dimension,  The heart panel is matted onto black gloss card and I used another scrap of the same card to cut the sentiment - which is one of those on an ancient Cuttlebug plate
The tiny hearts are cut with a border punch and the tiny confetti dots are made using the tiny berries die from a Mistletoe set 

So that's it for this time.
I hope you had a great weekend and that the Winter Blues are
 staying away from your door

Happy Crafting

13 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful card and love how the colours pop out at you.

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy both of your cards are gorgeous. I love the bright colours you have used. I hope you feel better soon. Take care. Hugs Jackie

jane stillman said...

BOTH cards are fabulous. The black really makes the colours pop on the first one and I love the design of the second one.

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful and cheerful Kathy

Gr Karin

Sylvia said...

Two fabulous colourful cards, love the contrast with the black making the hearts jump off the page. Thank you for sharing the great idea to use up all those scraps of paper/card and inks which don't get used much.

Sylv xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

These hearts are super cute and sure do pop right off your card

Angelnorth said...

Both look great Kathy, live the contrast of the black n the first one and the second is distinctly CAS by your standards (and you know CAS makes me happy!).

Laine said...

So bright and beautiful, full of colour and cheer!

Jan said...

Fab card Kathy, i'm sending you some hugs and positive vibes. Hope you soon feel better x Jan

Miri said...

Don't be so strict with yourself. Both cards are great! I love your idea to use different stamp pads to create a large amount of "coloured paper scraps".

Unknown said...

Ooh yes, I have had the glooms badly too. Not a January fan. Your cards have properly cheered me up though- they really are stunning and I love the colours. Hope you feel brighter soon. Cathy x

Shabneez said...

Wonderfully bright and colourful cards Kathy - love both the designs. Shabneez x

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

I love both cards, hope you're feeling wee bit better soon x