Friday, August 24, 2018

Great Results

Hello!
Happy Friday - I hope you've had a good week.  I'm pleased to say that at last I'm starting to feel better.  Still have no energy, but the cough is gradually receding and things are beginning to return to what passes for normal around here!
Now, if only the mojo would come back.....

It took a fair few tries to make something which didn't look like a 'dog's dinner' to send to my nephew in celebration of his recent wonderful A level results, fortunately I think it tied in quite nicely with  this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge, so my poor be-fuzzled brain could get away with coming up with one idea.  Honestly, making something half-way decent is like getting blood out of a stone just now!
Hello everyone it Dawn here with this weeks challenge.
For this weeks challenge I have picked the theme of
Back to School
I know its a little early but in some parts of the world the children have already gone back.
I would like to see something school related on your cards, books, alphabet, desks, etc... Lets celebrate the children and all those wonderful teachers.
We can't wait to see your creations and have fun.

Follow THIS LINK to see this week's inspiration from the fabulous Design Team.

So Dan will be off to read Maths at Durham Uni in a few weeks time.  The "can do maths" gene in the family completely passed me by so I'm a bit in awe!
I used gold card in a couple of  different finishes to make the rosette, then matted it onto a star embossed piece of white card with a piece of shiny gold behind.

Info
White square card blank
Shiny and matt gold card
White Bazzill Bling card
Stars embossing folder (Teresa Collins)
The tails of the rosette were hand cut
Rosette and Alphabet both from Spellbinders
That's all for this time, hopefully I'll get back to more crafting and blogging soon,
Thanks for popping by today, don't forget to check out the Daring Cardmakers HERE
Happy Crafting

4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful Kathy

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card I love the design. I am so pleased that you are starting to feel better. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sylvia said...

A wonderful card for your nephew to celebrate passing his exams, love the rosette and personalisation.

Hope you feel top form soon, I have just started with a cough and runny nose (caught from my son and his two children when they visited last week), finding it a little difficult to concentrate!!

Sylv xx

Shabneez said...

Perfect congratulatory card Kathy - wishing you better soon. Hugs xxx