Friday, September 02, 2016

It's Elemental, September!

Helloooo!
I'm back home after a little break up in my homeland.  I love Northumberland so much, and it's always hard to leave.  These days we are more likely to use the Tyne Tunnel than the Western Bypass - it seems to get the moment of leaving "The North" out of the way much quicker than watching the Angel of the North looming on the horizon, passing it by, and seeing it receding in the mirror.  I do love the artwork, and it's wonderful to see it appear when travelling north, but traumatic going the opposite way.  Don't get me wrong - I love living where I do, but it's so far from my other "home".  
Oh for a teleporter!
As per usual, I didn't get everything ticked off my "to do before we leave" list, (there was rather a lot on it this time), so my Daring Cardmakers card for this week had to wait till I got home.
In the end I kept it pretty simple and rather like how it turned out.  
The picture Svenja chose is a really lovely one, it reminds me of so many beaches with photogenic boats of one kind or another - we must have taken loads of similar photos over the year - funny how the more ramshackle the boat is the better the photo looks!
 The 3 elements I chose to use were the layout, the colours and the trees.
I liked the composition of this picture, so I started by making it into a sketch, or LO plan.  Somehow this helps focus the mind and see a picture in terms of blocks, lines and shapes. This one may turn up on The Sketch File at a future date!


Info:
2 shades of turquoise Bazzill card. The main piece embossed with "Chevrons", the centre strip with "Petite Dots" (both 6x6 embossing folders from Crafter's Companion)
Die cut trees (Memory Box), one in black one in brown
Sentiment is PC generated and printed onto sand coloured Bazzill card.
Cut using oval plain die and matted onto brown, scalloped backing piece (both cut using the Oval Die set from Tonic)
Flowers cut with smallest flowers from a Spellbinders set. Flat backed pearls for the centres
Small circles detail; tiny circle punch and ball tool for shaping, adhered in place using little pieces of chipboard.

We'd love to see you joining in with us this time - click HERE to see the different ways the team used their chosen elements - honestly, they are all so inventive!

Thank you for popping by, please leave a message - it makes it easy for me to come over for a return visit and see what you've been up to!

 

15 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Kathy, so happy to hear you had a lovely time.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card I love the design. It sounds like you had a good break even if it was hard to return. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Laine said...

Such a beautiful card Kathy!
Laine
xx

Andree said...

A fabulous CAS card Kathy. Lovely colours and textures. I know how you feel about being split between two places. I travel up and down the M4 every few weeks xx

Kate M said...

Lovely card, great interpretation of the subject and the colours are just perfect.
Glad you had a lovely time.
xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Kathy. I love the shades of blue and the two embossed patterns. Cathy x

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is beautiful Kathy
Gr Karin

Tracy Welham said...

I really love the dark colours against the blue, lovely card. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous,love the monotone embossed background. Great work

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful colour and design.

Sylv xx

Dawn said...

Hi Kathy, I hope you are well! So many gorgeous creations since my last visit! I just dont seem to have any time for crafting or blogging at the moment.
Hopefully my time & my mojo will be back soon!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Svenja said...

It's a lovely card, Kathy! And you've found so much more in the layout than I did - you're so very good at analyzing these things and making sketches. Great job!

Shabneez said...

Fabulous card Kathy - like your use of the sketch. Glad you had another good break ;) Shabneez xxx

Janet Packer said...

Lovley card Kathy - my favourite colour X

Morti said...

Beautiful and simple card, Kathy! I've popped over from DCM and just had to see which die you'd used for the trees - lovely!

Thanks!