Friday, September 30, 2016

Do you Remember.....

Hello! 
 I was going to say "Good Morning" but then checked my watch and realised that someone must have stolen that part of the day because it's afternoon already!
Anyway, I hope you are having a good day and it's as lovely and sunny where you are as it is here.  It's always a pleasure when the weather stays bright and sunny for an extra month or two - it's bad enough that the days are getting noticeably shorter every day :(

I've been a rubbish blogger this week, so have a couple of things to share this time.  As it's Friday, it's Daring Cardmakers Day:

"Its Dawn hosting this weeks challenge and I have picked....
~ ~ ~ ~ MAKING MEMORIES ~ ~ ~ ~
I have been so sentimental lately and remembering lots of happy times. So I would like you to create a card with a meaning or memory behind it and explain the meaning of your creation. Perhaps who it's for, why you made it and the memories it made."
As I'm still hanging on to Summer it was childhood Summer memories I used as the inspiration for my card

I grew up in a small seaside village on the north east coast.  Generations of our ancestors had lived there, and I grew up surrounded by all the extended family who still lived nearby too.  The beach dominates my memories of growing up - playing on the sand, running up and down the prom after splashing about in the sea (to get the circulation going again - it was the North Sea, after all!), and hours spent clambering over the rocks, exploring the rockpools with a bucket to collect shells, little crabs, sea anemones and other treasures.  Im my memories this was usually with one or other of my Grandfathers, a special time indeed.
 Info:
Plain white card blank, debossed with Beach Huts embossing folder
 (Crafter's Companion) 
The bucket, spade and fish are all cut on the Silhouette Cameo using
 templates I made a while back
The sentiment is pc generated and the little shell is a flat-backed ready made embellishment - I wish I knew where I got them from as I'd quite like some more!
I added lots of chipboard behind the various layers to give dimension and make a really simple LO more interesting

My next card is the one I added to this week's Update post over on The Sketch File blog.  This is the last week for koing in with the September sketch, there'll be a new LO along on Tuesday!
It's an exam congratulations card made for one of my nephews.
 Info
Background created using a circles stencil and several colours of ink
Matching colours of Bazzill card for the rectangle elements of the LO
Circle aperture is die cut (Tonic Nested Circles)
A larger circle cut in glitter card and adhered to the inside back of the card
Smaller stars also die cut (Di'Namics Nested Stars
here's the September LO I used
That's the lot for this time, I hope you'll leave a comment, it would be great to hear from you

 

12 comments:

Katie said...

Gorgeous makes from the DT

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful cards Kathy
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy both of your cards are gorgeous I love them both. Thank you for sharing your memories your childhood must have been very special. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Both super cards Kathy. You're a better blogger than me at the moment. I'm SO behind! Shabneez xxx

Laine said...

Such fabulous and different cards Jan. I particularly like the beach card.
Laine
xx

Jan said...

Love them great LO xx Jan

Andree said...

Two super cards Kathy. The first one will bring back happy beachside memories for many people with the charming bucket and spade. Your second card is a great design and wonderfully colourful xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Great cards today. Love the embossing you added to the beach card, it's just the perfect touch!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Great cards today Kathy

Unknown said...

Both gorgeous cards Kathy. I do love the beach Hut embossing, really adds another dimension to a fabulous card. Cathy x

Dawn said...

Just wondering but where on the North East coast did you grow up? I just love that row of beach huts. x

Tracy Welham said...

Both great cards, I love the embossed beach huts. Creative Blessings, Tracy x