Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Flowers, Lace and Pearls


Good Morning
Apparently we're set for the hottest September day in 50 years today.  I hope you've got your fans at the ready!

I'm sharing another card using the September LO from The Sketch File today.  I decided to have some fun with this one and build a card using lots of my favourite things.  I used several lovely items from the July Craft Box too.
The colour theme was thanks to one of the challenges on the My Little Magpie online crop over the weekend.  It's the only one I've managed to do so far, but I'm hoping to get some more challenges done before the deadline

The background is a couple of shades of Distress Inks, stencilled over with white ink and a light coating of Sparkle Medium - I mixed  together the white and silver ones to get a softer effect.
Lace, Sequins and bead strings are the vertical and horizontal sections of the sketch and the flowers, leaf and various pearl, gem and silver sparkle elements form the circle focus piece.  I'm taking a bit of artistic license with the other line - we'll say that the stencil pattern is that bit ;)
The Sketch File Sept 2016
 
 6x6 stencil "Mini Spinning Tops"  (Crafters Workshop) 
Sparkle Medium (Imagination Crafts)
Wide white lace, Black Sequin trim, Pearl Spray, Silver Sparkle flat back circlse, Black paper flower all from the July Craft Box - the large turquoise flat backed pearl is from the August box
Ribbon flower and white paper rose, other gems and sparkly bits are from me stash

The Sketch File sketches are all HERE, and it would be fab to see you joining us and giving this month's LO a try in your own crafting

Thank you so much for popping by - and for leaving a comment if you can ;)


6 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card I love the sketch. I walked home in the rain today but the sun is out now. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful and elegant Kathy
Gr Karin

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Very pretty Kathy, love how you followed the diagram for this

Sandra Carey said...

Really Pretty Kathy Hugs S xx

Jan said...

Love this Kathy. great LO and Attention to detail xx Jan

Unknown said...

Stunning card Kathy. The colour is beautiful. Cathy x