Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Sea Life

Hello
       hope your week is going well so far.
Today is the launch date for a new sketch on The Sketch File Blog, so I'm sharing my first card using the new LO.  It's a nice, simple LO consisting of different shaped and sized rectangles, though you're free to use other shapes instead, of course.

Here's my first  card using the "Blocks" sketch, and papers from an 8x8 Graphic45 paper pad
As well as the Graphic45 papers, there's a bit of Royal Blue card to add some contrast.
  I twisted a few strands of natural twine together to make it more rope-like and tied a large knot in it.  I was going to make it more of a sailor's knot, but I didn't make enough to do that.
The shell and starfish elements are cut from one of the papers and raised on chipboard scraps for dimension, and I added a few little pearls to look like.....pearls!.

Here is the basic sketch, which as you can see I rotated 90 degrees for my card


Hope you like the card, and the sketch too - it would be lovely if you'd try using it for your own crafting this month
Thanks for looking

4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card and papers Kathy
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a wonderful nautical card. I love the sketch. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Unknown said...

I love this Kathy. These are some of my favourite G45 papers and your design is fabulous. Cathy x

Angelnorth said...

Great vintage nautical look here Kathy!