Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Dan's 16th

Today I'm sharing a card made for my nephew's 16th birthday.  I hadn't a clue what to use for the focus element or image this time, so I decided just to make  large numerals and use those as the main feature.

The June sketch from The Sketch File is great for stuff like this - its a simple, clean LO that lends itself to using the shape elements in lots of different ways - Brenda has been suing it brilliantly to add to her Christmas card pile, and I must remember this LO when I start making mine!

Boys seem to like the colour orange, so I teamed that with simple black and white dor my colour palette, and used a couple of embossing folders to give a bit of extra depth.
I SilCam-cut the large numerals 4 times in white, which I glued on top of each other, and once in black for the top layer.  I then added a thick coat of Glossy Accents and left them to dry overnight before adhering in place
Info:
White card blank
Bazzill card[ black, White and Orange
Embossing folders: Numerals - Cuttlebug, Brick Wall - Darice
To get the longer brick wall piece I ran through once, then moved the card along, matching the pattern before running through the ebosser a second time
Printed sentiment and name tab
Ribbon and square orange brads from my stash
Glossy Accents
I used it more like this version, but mirrored!
That's the lot for today - I hope you like it and will feel inspired to try out the sketch for yourself, we'd love you to join in with us.
Thank you for looking


10 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card, love the embossed numbers. I am sure Dan will love this.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Brawny x said...

Excellent male card. Great design x

Sandra Carey said...

That's a great card I'm sure he will love it Hugs Sandra xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and great male card Kathy
Gr Karin

Jan said...

This is great Kathy xx Jan

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a wonderful card. I love the design it is just right for a teenage boy. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Laine said...

This is fabulous Kathy. Teenage boys are difficult to make cards for. Well done.
Laine
xx

Sylvia said...

Super colour scheme and great for a teenager, fabulous card.

Sylv xx

Angelnorth said...

Looks fab with the simple colour palette and the embossed textures Kathy - a tricky one well handled, I reckon!

Unknown said...

Perfect card for a teenage boy. Love the orange and the embossed panels. Cathy x