Wednesday, June 15, 2016

A Rose for Gez

Hello!
I'm back from a little holiday down in Kent and East Sussex.  We had a lovely time and definitely made good use of our English Heritage and National Trust membership cards this time!  It's an area we've passed through often, but rarely stopped in to explore for any length of time - and boy, is there lots to see and do - and despite our best efforts, there's still plenty left for another visit ;)
We also managed to catch up with some of our rellies while we were down there too which was really lovely.

Anyway, while I was away it was my lovely crafting friend Gez's birthday, so I had to get her card made and in the post nice and early.  I decided to use the second stencilled piece I made for a recent Daring Cardmakers challenge, and also tie it in with the current LO from The Sketch File

I swapped the large rectangular block for a gorgeous large rose, which I sat on a copper coloured fancy mat shape, a bit like one of the alternative LO suggestions

Info:
Smooth White card blank, 
Extra of same card for stencilled background
There's more info on the ink and copper foil background HERE
Aqua Bazzill card
Copper pearlised card (PDA Woodward) 
SU large Blossom punch for flower
Leaves from a Joanna Sheen Signature die
Fancy shape for matting the flower by Creative Dies (Craft Stash UK)
Banner shape is hadn-cut
Aqua pearls, Copper metal shapes (Imaginisce)
A couple of shades of Stickles Glitter Glue for highlights on the flower


It's absolutely ages since I made one of these roses, which is a shame as I do love making them and they (usually) turn out so well!  Mind you, they are quite "fat" and you do have to cross your fingers that they survive the postal system!

That's the lot for this time, thank you so much for coming by - I hope you'll leave a message




11 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Love, love, LOVE your beautiful card Kathy. My FAVOURITE colours ♥♥♥♥♥♥

It will certainly be loved and treasured... did I say, how much I LOVE it :) :)

Thank YOU Xxxxoo

Katie said...

Stunning card and love the flower

Angelnorth said...

A really lovely card Kathy, the aqua and copper look beautiful (as they did on the card you did the BG for initially) and the rose looks classy and elegant. I was just thinking about Gez this morning, hope she enjoyed her birthday.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous colours.

Sylv xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card I love the design and the flower is beautiful. It sounds like you had a brilliant holiday. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Laine said...

Such a fabulous card. Love the gold and aqua combo!
xx

Julie Wilson said...

Love the colours on this one xxx

Brawny x said...

Beautiful card. X

Unknown said...

This is absolutely stunning Kathy. I love the colours and the rose is amazing. Cathy c

Unknown said...

Beautiful card - love the stencilled background and your colour scheme x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Love that beautiful rose and your colors are just lovely