Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Scrapling for June

Hello
Here in my corner of Hertfordshire it's not raining (at the moment) - and there's even some sunshine.  Mind you, I'm not sure how warm it is as the furthest I've been is the doorstep to get the milk!
I sat down to make something for my Sketch File project yesterday and as my mojo had upped and left I struggled finding things I wanted to use.  
So I decided a slightly different approach was needed and grabbed a scrapling from the box where I keep offcuts.  I'm sure you know, but just in case, a Scrapling is made from the strip that's left when you cut a 14 or 15cm square card from a sheet of A4.  You end up with a long, roughly 7cm strip which you fold in half to get a tall, skinny  card.

This shape always forces me to think a bit differently about what to use, placement and overall balance - somehow it's a gentle nudge when inspiration is lacking.  

I chose a couple of papers to make the panel from, and then decided to keep the whole thing really quick and simple.  

Info
Scrapling: Ribbed Kraft card (PDA Woodward)
Papers; Summer Crush 6x6 (Maja Designs)
Butterfly Die (Apple Blossom)
Tab feature is hand-cut
Narrow Satin Ribbon
Pinks and Blue gems (Anitas)

The June 2016 Sketch
I "squeezed" it, then used the ribbons to echo the larger rectangle

That's it for this time, thank you for visiting

10 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous and love your interpretation of the sketch.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sandra Carey said...

This is gorgeous Lovely sketch I think your Mojo is back Hugs Sandra xx

Sylvia said...

Fabulous scrapling, love the blues and pinks with the kraft card, as well as your interpretation of the sketch. I use my off-cuts for scrapling cards and tags too.

Sylv xx

Janet Packer said...

Perfect use of a scrapking! Lovely card X

KarinsArtScrap said...

Kathy it's a gorgeous card


gr karin

Laine said...

Stunning card Kathy. Love the design and colours.
Laine
xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card I love the design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Unknown said...

Beautiful card- a really great way to use up scraps. Cathy x

Shabneez said...

Such a beautiful card. It may be simple but it's very effective Kathy. Is scrapling a made up word? Sounds so cute, like ducklings for papercrafters!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely card, great paper choices for it. Cheers, Holley