Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Darice Samples

Oooh it's a bit nippy today - a bit foggy too and looks like one of those days when it will hang around all day.
Have you tuned in to any of the Crafter's Companion shows on Create and Craft in the last couple of days?  There's a "4 day Deal" going on that started on Monday, so still today and tomorrow's shows to go.
The team I'm part of worked with some brand new Darice embossing folders and I actually managed to remember to watch yesterday eveniong's show so caught a glimpse of some of my cards.
For these two I used the "Pine Cones in Corner" embossing folder
Materials and Tools
From Crafter's Companion: 
Darice Embossing folder - Pine Branches in Corner, 
Dies - Die'sire Cameo Stamping Frame, Coredinations card (red)
From my stash: Chalks for shading, green card, ribbed kraft card. Green Satin ribbon, Red & Green pearls, Crystal Ice Stickles, Glamour Dust,
pc generated sentiment

I like the contrast between these two cards made using the same folder - the NOEL one is quite clean and bright, whereas this next one is much more grungy - I had some fun with my Distress Inks and a gold Posca pen making the pine cone background.  I love the gorgeous Die'sire Doily, and managed to use both sizes on one card, by using the smaller one to make a corner detail.


What do you think of the little pine-cones?  They were made using the Small Sunflower quilling dies - I know they aren't perfect, but they were a bit of an experiment and didn't turn out too badly ;)
Materials and Tools
From Crafter's Companion:  
Darice Embossing folder -  Pine Branches in Corner, 
Dies - Die'sire Circle Doilies, Die'sire Quilling Small Sunflower (for the pine cones)
From my stash:
MME Papers Lost and Found Christmas, 2x Circle punches, Leafy sprig punch
Various Inks, Red Thread, Narrow satin ribbon, Red organza ribbon
Glamour Dust
Here's a little reminder of the Create abnd Craft shcedule
Thanks for visiting today, I hope you liked what you saw here and will come again soon



2 comments:

Angelnorth said...

FAb contrasting cards from the same folder - the first is my fave, lovely clean and fresh look!

Kaz said...

Fabulous cards Kathy, I think you can guess which is my fave! It's amazing the difference with the same folder xxx