Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Lights

Over on the Daring Cardmakers it's time for our last challenge before we take our Christmas break.
For the last dare of 2013 we have. for you....
'This Little Light of Mine'
 Lights are always associated with Christmas - candles, stars, fairy lights - and those "tiered" candle holders from Scandinavia which I can't remember the name of - I'm sure someone will let us know.....
So please use any sort of light associated with the Christmas Season on your cards - and you have an extra long time to join in with us this time as we won't be back with another challenge until 10th of January

Here's my Fairy Lights card

In my initial DT box from Crafter's Companion I received a number of their lovely flower quilling dies.  Now they do make lovely flowers - but sometimes you've just got to think a bit "out of the box, haven't you?  Just to stretch your imagination a little bit....
The sunflower quilling die has proved the most adaptable so far - the pine cones on a card I shared a few days ago were made using the small sunflower die and the fairy lights on this one are made using the larger version.  
I trimmed a little from the piece that holds all the petals together to make it narrower, then used the die again with coloured card to make the lights. In fact, being mean I used a couple of small pieces of card on the die as I didn't really need a whole length of them.
I glued the "light-bulbs" onto the green base strip, added a touch of white gel pen then coated them with Glossy Accents.
The white card was embossed with the pretty Christmas Patchwork folder,  the sentiment is from one of the Christmas Sentiments sets and the red label is also from Crafter's Companion


 Materials and Tools
Smooth white card, Bazzill Red, Blue, Yello, Green
Glossy Accents, White Gel pen
Die'sire Sunflower Quilling Die (large), Christmas Patchwork Embossing folder, Sentiment stamp, Label die all by Crafter's Companion

Hopefully I'll manage to update the poor neglected blog again soon - I've been woefully bad over the last few weeks!
 Just in case I don't get here before the BIG day, I'd love to wish you a great 
big, wonderful, 
shiny, glittery and very Happy Christmas

4 comments:

Karen said...

ooo what a bright and fun way to have a C card Kathy! I love it!!! xxx

Kaz said...

It's gorgeous Kathy, very creative idea. Love that embossing folder too xxx

Angelnorth said...

Very clever way to use the die and that embossing folder looks fab, great card!

Unknown said...

I love the way you've done this! Very inspiring!