Friday, September 30, 2011

ooh la la and wunderbar

It's Lythan's turn to set the challenge for The Daring Cardmakers this week:
Well, this weeks dare is a little bit retro. As it is the European Day of Languages today I would like your card to feature a foreign language. 
This takes me back to one of the very first Daring Cardmaker Dares (November 10 2006 to be precise) which was a similar challenge. So why not also see if you have any cards to show from 5 years ago to see if your style has changed?
I didn't see the second bit of that till this morning, so I'll have to scroll back and see if I can find my card for that one - I do remember the challenge, but I don't remember what I made.
Here's my card for this time though
I couldn't resist another chance to get frilly and flowery. could I?

All the following from Creative Treasures:
Cream Lace, black "Mystery" ribbon, rolled piece of Pink Silky Crush ribbon across the middle
Flowers: large pink flower made from Silky Crush ribbon with a pink wired rose in the centre, Pink tulle rose cut for a length of ribbon roses, 2cm Black wired rose
 Other supplies:
All papers: GCD's fabulous Paris Nights (8x8), some flowers made with scraps
Cream Stardream card for sentiments pieces,
EK Success border punch, Spellbinders fancy tag from "Blossom Tags and Accents" set (Charmed Cards and Crafts), Spellbinders plain small oval die
selection of black and grey gems and pearls, Black hearts and swirl accents Kand Co, also Charmed Cards and Crafts
Prima Artful flowers je t'aime is cut on Craft Robo 

I hope you'll visit the Daring Cardmakers to see the other fabulous "foreign language" inspired cards the team have made this week - it's a great challenge and it would be fab if you'd join in too, I wonder how many languages we could manage to feature?
So, what did I do for my card back in Nov 2006 - well, as the challenge was just to feature "another language" I was a little bit sneaky and chose "The Language of Flowers" for my card.  Here it is:

Well, it's time I wasn't here - I think my cold is starting to improve, but it's really knocked the stuffing out of me, so my kitchen is only going to get "a lick and a promise" - I don't have the energy for much else atm.
Thanks for visiting today, I hope you'll come back soon

9 comments:

Lythan said...

Well you may be feeling below par but your cardmaking isn't. Wonderful romantic card Kathy!

Angelnorth said...

Tres chic et romantique! Hope the cold really is receding and you get chance to enjoy the weekend a bit!

Kaz said...

Both cards are so pretty Kathy with your trademark flowers!
I hope you feel much better soon xxx

tracy said...

both very lovely cards kathy:)

Anonymous said...

I love this card Kathy - it just screams Parisian chic, love the background. Hope you are feeling much better soon and can relax over the weekend. :D

Rika said...

Wonderful card as always!

purple_pea_fran said...

Absolutely adore those papers and hint of pink! Just gorgeous. Fran xx

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Absolutely beautiful card - the cream, black and pink are just right for the theme and I love the background - oh and those gorgeous flowers! Sx

Gez Butterworth said...

Always wonderful to see your cards Kathy especially when they have your pretty flowers on them. Keep warm today.xxx