Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wise Words

The word book that was on my desk yesterday is something I've made using lots of bits and bobs from the Funky Hand Dreams Come True (aka DCT) CD.
After putting off making one for ages I've done a couple in the last few weeks.  This time I've gone with an idea I used quite a while ago for a book of favourite quotations, the little owl in the DCT digi stamps set gave me the idea for the title, and I've converted him to a Robo image to add to the front of the book.  All the papers are from the Blue Magic set on the DCT disc.

Lots of photos so I'll leave them smaller than usual and you can click for a bigger view if you wish.  I've converted several of the digi-stamp images from the CD into templates for cutting on my Craft Robo, they work brilliantly for this, and as I'm rubbish at colouring it makes a great option for me!

Digi stamp Owl
 

Digi stamp Clouds cut in various of the paper designs

Tree digi stamp - I also cut some leaves to add to the image
 

 
 

This is the Leafy Pot Plant digi stamp with the addition of some Primas and a button to make a flower
 

Vintage Gramophone  digi stamp (I love this one!)

Birdie digi stamp with a feather tail and ric-rac legs
I really enjoyed making this book.  I keep word doc files of quotes that I like, so that they are easy to find when I need one.  Making books of quotations is a great reminder of the wise words that I've found and stored away - it's which ones to leave out that's the tricky part.  So maybe there'll be a volume 2 along later!
Hope you enjoyed seeing my word book, you can find out all about the Funky Hand CDs and Downloads (there's even a freebie to download as a taster) by clicking HERE

Thanks you for all the comments you've left recently, I'll be having a good old web-wander/blog-hop in the next day or two so I can catch up with everyone again.

12 comments:

Karen said...

Oh this is really lovely Kathy! I bet kaz likes this as its her fave colour combo XXX

Angelnorth said...

Fab word book Kathy - love the idea of basing it around favourite quotes rather than having a photo-based one! Wish I lived closer, I'd pop round and see if I could cure you of your colouring phobia!

Vicky said...

It's brilliant Kathy! Fabulous idea. Love all the details you've added and how you've used the digi stamps. Must have taken you ages to create.
:)xx

Smita said...

This is stunning! Love it.... :)

Lynda said...

I love to see your projects Kathy - you put so much into them. The quotes look great with all the different fonts too. It's stunning!

Love Lynda xxx

Kath said...

I love your book,Kathy. I love sayings. It is beautifully put together.
Kath

Janice said...

Great job on the word book Kathy.

Unknown said...

Loving this book ... the colour combination is heavenly!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

gorgeous book Kathy, love it all, but can't decide which is my fave out of the owl, plantpot or gramophone - eek the gramophone's almost a blast from the past for me yiks! We didn't have one with a huge horn but did have one you had to wind up - OMG it's a lifetime ago and till I see myself in a shop window I still think I'm about 35!
Anne xx

Annie said...

Hi Kathy,
Thanks for dropping in on my blog. If you'd like to pop the trousers in the post I will send them back done the same day :-)....I do actually have customers that post their sewing to me [one from Scotland!].
Happy to help :-)
A x
ps I love your words book

Angela Toucan said...

fabulous word book

Traceyr said...

Kathy that book is wonderful :)