Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Just a Quickie

Wow, it's such a lovely day here - I've been standing at one of the upstairs window and looking at the garden - I'm sure it's the best it's looked since we moved in here - so all that hard work planting flowering shrubs and endless bulbs is paying off at last - still a long way to go though, and we won't mention the lawn ....ahem weed patch.
Remember the Shabby Chic flowers I showed how to make on here last week?  Well, I was just wondering if anyone had  tried out the tutorial when I heard form Ruth at the Charmed forum that she'd made some flowers and used them on a canvas for her newly re-organised craft space - you can see the canvas she's made  by clicking HERE I love the colours she's chosen and her flowers look lovely.  
If you've made some of these flowers, I'd love to see them.

Now for some different flowers!
The other week Linda included a tutorial on her BLOG for making grunge paper roses and as I have more free "play" time atm I couldn't resist having a go.
I love visiting Linda's blog, she always inspires me with her inky, stampy projects - if I did stamping this is the sort of thing I'd like to do - I wouldn't ever want to do cutesy stamps of mouthless people and little animals, they don't light my candle, but the artsy stuff I really admire. 
Anyway, I digress. 
The two on the right are grunge-paper, the first one is made with regular scrapbook paper, in this case I used Crate Paper.
I didn't have the right sort of punch (actually, on reflection I think I do, but I'm not sure where....) so I cut a template using Mr Robo and used that to cut out the 3 shapes I needed.  I must admit, I then got carried away with Distress Inks, Acrylic paints, Glimmer Mists and Glamour Dust - but I'm really pleased at the way they turned out - so "thank you" Linda for the fab instructions! 
I wanted to use them straight away so have been working on a project which I finished at the end of last week.  Problem is I can't actually show it in it's entirety yet - but I just can't resist giving some sneak peeks
Here are the roses, nestled in with a few other bits and pieces, and below is another part of the same project.
That's it for today.  I need to get crafting again so I have more stuff to blog - I spent quite a lot of time on this "mystery project" and enjoyed every minute of it, but now I need to get on and do some of the tasks from the to-do list rather than just the for-fun list!

WOYWW day tomorrow - gosh, they come round quickly, don't they?  usually before I've had a chance to visit everyone on last week's list!  ho hum,
Hope the sun is shining on you today

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go Kathy ... your roses are stunning ... I love the shimmer and colours and the shapes are perfect. LOVE LOVE LOVE them :0) OOOO I could just squidge you for making my day X

Carol Plume said...

kathy - what gorgeous roses - I was wondering how they'd work with scrapbook paper - now I know!!

That lace is a gorgeous colour - can't wait to see the finished article xx

Angelnorth said...

Well done, the roses came out fab! I just knew you'd have got Mr Robo involved though! Look forward to seeing the finished article when you can show us.

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh my htat sneak peek is enough to bring me back hourly for second looks - love the colours and you got the hang of the roses really fast. You'll be completely unsurprised to know that I haven't tried em yet.

Annie said...

Love your new roses and the project is a really yummy colour. Cant wait to see what it is.
A x

Kaz said...

Lovely flowers Kathy, I've still not got round to having a go yet. I am going to get you stamping if it's the last thing I do - and there won't be any twee things at all xx

Traceyr said...

Gorgeous colours there Kathy those roses look good enough to eat and I love, love, love the beads on the second photo. Can't wait to see the finished project. :)

tracy said...

stunning flowers kathy :) can't wait to see the whole thing :)

Ruth (ooffee) said...

:blush: thanks Kathy!
More flowers for me to try! Thanks for the link to Linda's blog ... just my type of thing too!

Ruth x

Karen Mortensen said...

Corrr, those roses are ACE!! What fab work! xx