Thursday, April 01, 2010

Funky April Showers

 April 1st sees a new challenge on Funky Hand's challenge blog "Get Funky".  Somewhere among all the chaos of a few weeks ago I completely missed Anice asking me if I would like my very first challenge to be thee April challenge....ooops!.  So it was only with about a week or so to go - and after the lovely Jules had gently pointed it out to me (thank you, hunny) that I actually suggested an idea to the girls on the DT.  I'm not sure they liked it, but they are all way too nice to say so! hehe

Anyway, the theme this month is April Showers and as usual there's a £20 Funky Hand spending spree up for grabs as a prize for one lucky Challengee (I made that word up, do you like it?).  Check the Get Funky BLOG for info on what you need to do to qualify and to see all the wonderful things the team has made.

You might need sunglasses to look at mine, it's not very subtle!
All the papers I've used are from one of the sets on the fab Dreams Come True CD.   The stripes on the brolly and those at the top and bottom of the card are the same design - I just resized it to get the mini version for the umbrella.
The Child with Umbrella is one of my Craft Robo templates - I cheated a bit and used the same template and the same quote on a card for the Daring Cardmakers last year - I'm admitting it just in case you thought it all looked a bit familiar ;-) 
The black zig zag flower stems aren't ric-rac, they are cut with an old Quickutz die - it's the trim from the wedding cake set!
other supplies: ribbon, buttons, Prima and other mulberry flowers, green gem brad, Card Candy, tiny blue gems. black stranded embroidery thread

The sketch for this card will be the April sketch on The Sketch File (that's my next task), so I'd love it if you'd make something using it - it's always so interesting to see how other people interpret a sketch.

If you were here yesterday (WOYWW), I mentioned the half made Word Book that was on my desk, well - don't fall off your chair!  I actually got it finished - I'll show the rest of the photos another time but here's a sneak peek of one of the pages

The pages and papers are all part of the Retro Fun Word Book download which was released on Funky Hand earlier this week - and they are just gorgeous!
Right, it's 10.30 am on Thursday, and I'm supposed to be making my card for tomorrow's DCM.  Trouble is, I haven't got a clue what to do yet.  Wish me luck!

11 comments:

Annie said...

What a gorgeous bright card Kathy. Love it.
A x

Lythan said...

its such a wonderfully cheery card Kathy! Clever use of a QK die too!

Allison said...

love all the colours and the busyness its fab
AllisonX

Karen said...

hee hee no need for sunglasses, I love it!!! XXX

Kaz said...

I love the brightness! It's all looking gorgeous as usual xx

Tip Top said...

Fab card - it's like a 'where's Wally' picture - everytime I look at it I see something new!!

Hazel said...

Well done for getting the word book finished - look forward to seeing the rest of it. Love the card for the April FH challenge - I intended to do something for March, but ... now I'll try to do something for April x

Angelnorth said...

Love your bright and cheery card, I suspect most kids would love a brolly like that! Word book sneaky peek is looking good, too!

Traceyr said...

Love the shape of that umberella Kathy clever you working out the robo template. :)

Lynda said...

Totally fab card Kathy - love those bright funky papers! It's so frustrating not being able to get my photos up but keeping my fingers crossed it will be sorted soon.

Love Lynda xxx

Vicky said...

Fabulous card Kathy, so bright and cheerful. :)xx