Monday, January 25, 2010

Little Things

Bit of a grey start to the week hereabouts, but the sun is making a bit of an effort to brighten it up a bit. 
I've been faffing about most of this morning unable to settle to anything, but I'm going to sit down at my craft desk and make a few quick cards after I've finished here - I really, really am.....

A few days back I gave a blog post the title "Being Frivolous" because of something I'd been making for no real reason other than fun.  I didn't get round to showing the finished project, so here it is now
I've been playing about making Craft Robo templates for matchboxes prior to taking part in a couple of matchbox swaps with crafty friends and this was my prototype.  Having made the template, cut it out and formed the box I decided to use some of the lovely bits from my Creative Treasures January Flower Kit to decorate it and to make something to put inside.  I'm not sure what use a tiny notebook like this would actually be, but it was fun to make anyway! The cover has a lace layer which doesn't shoe up too well and is trimmed with ribbon.
The inkpad in the photo below is to indicate size - the lovely Gez often adds an inkpad to her photos when she's made really little things so I've pinched the idea as it's the perfect crafter's size gauge.

Papers are MME Bloom & Grow
Flowers, ribbon, butterfly charm and lace are all from the Frosted Lace kit from Creative Treasures, with the exception of the orange flower.

While all those lovely flowers and ribbons were on my desk I made this card too
Ribbon, large leaf and wired roses all from the kit mentioned above
Small turquoise and white Primas from my stash, card is Bazzill and the rub-on greeting  is another from the sheet I made a couple of months back
Border punch is an MS one I got for Christmas.

Right, that's it for today, I really must go and make some cards....or shall I have some lunch first?

Have a great day, thanks for visiting

14 comments:

Scrappy~Sarah said...

wow that is small....love it especially when I saw that you had also made a little note pad too. Must sort it out with my robo too.

Unknown said...

Hmmm... you faff Kathy? Surely not my dear! ;-)

Gorgeous little project. Cute and compact like us!

Hugs
xx

tracy said...

those are really sweet kathy :)

Sharon said...

Oooh that is so cute! I love how you have decorated the matchbox too - great colours also....x

Unknown said...

Totally cute - love it X

Caroline said...

Love the matchbox Kathy - really cute and gorgeously decorated...x

Karen said...

AWWWEEEE!!!! This is sooo sweet Kathy! Love it! XXX

Hazel said...

Love the sweet matchbox and little note pad - beautiful colours - good to see the universal crafting guage being used! x

Annie said...

Those are so lovely Kathy. I really love the colours you use.
A x

SueH said...

OMG, is that box and note book as little as I think it is………it’s stunning and the card is beautiful too!
Sue
x

Janice said...

YOu are so clever with that Mr Robo, fab matchbox. Ilove the card as well, that is a lovely punch.

Angelnorth said...

Cute little project! The notebook could be a place to write down special little quotes or phrases so it turns into a "happy book" maybe?

Traceyr said...

Wonderful matchbox Kathy and glad you added the "international craft gauge" I didn't realise how small that box was - wow!

Was it difficult to decorate inside being so small?

Love making cards with things from just lying on my desk - some of my best cards are made like that.

Yours is brilliant.

:)

my verification word was "mousedst" ?mouse double sided tape? fancy that haha

Kath said...

Ooooh gorgeous box and card, Kathy.I love the little note book too.