Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Deck the Halls....

Ooooh December has already made it's presence felt! We woke to the first frost of the Winter this morning brrrr It's lovely and sunny, but very chilly and on the shady side of the road the frost is still looking very white and sparkly.

The December challenge is now up on Funky Hand's Get Funky blog. It's set by Kath and is the first one I've been involved with, so all very exciting and just a tad scary - these girls are all sooooo inventive and inspirational - I just hope my project holds up alongside them all!
DECK THE HALLS
with boughs of holly....
fa..la la la la.....la la la

What I would like you to do this month is to create a Christmas decoration to decorate your wall...mantlepiece Christmas table or to hang on your tree.....a Christmas Gift or perhaps a box or gift wrapping
There's a great prize on offer - the winner will receive a £20 voucher to spend at

Funky Hand, the challenge runs till 31st Dec, so plenty of time to download your papers if you've not already got some, and join in. Click HERE for more info and to see all the fantastic projects my new Teamies have made to get you thinking!


I used papers from the Blue Christmas Download to make a little pillow box - I love these boxes, and now that I can use Mr Robo to cut them, they are even easier!

For this one I cut the template first in card and then in Anice's lovely tree design paper. I used the striped design to make some paper ribbon to wrap around the package. For the bow I printed off a couple of small pieces of two more of the designs, these were glued back to back as the bow shows both sides of the paper strips used to make it. I made some twirly bits with the scraps - well, it's good to use up as much as possible, isn't it?

For the matching tag I covered the little card with a couple more scraps of paper, light at the top, darker design at the bottom. I glued scraps of the box paper to card and cut out three of the trees, before sticking them to the card I tucked a couple of spare snowflakes (from the Festive fun digi stamps download) underneath. I'd had these left over from making the cards on the right a couple of weeks back - they were still lying around on my desk. So you see! there is a good side to never clearing up after yourself! lol
Well, that's my excuse and it's holding up for the moment anyway!
Not sure how long it will though as the mess is beginning to engulf me.

That's all for now, coffee to make and crafting to do - I really need to get on with something I started yesterday and didn't get very far with. It involved a bit of measuring and even some adding up and maths has never been my forté! Hopefully the next bit will be less stressful!

Thanks for popping by

9 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Kathy. Really love your projects. I'd love to get on with the fun project I started yesterday but alas I've just had 3 customers all at the same time and another one straight after! I've now got 3 skirts to take in and shorten, 4 pair trousers to let out, a new zip to put in one of them and 3 pair trousers to shorten!! Such fun eh?
A x

Scrappy~Sarah said...

WOW that is a lot done. Love the colors :)...the box is really cute :)

Kath Stewart said...

your project is stunning kathy..anyone would be over the moon to receive such a beautifully wrapped gift and love the cards made with the scraps...hugs kath xxxx

Lisa Hemmings said...

Oh Kathy, I love the pillow box and the tag.
Where would you be without your
"Mr Robo"?!!
I NEED one..... not sure my hubby agrees tho!
Love Lisa xx

Kaz said...

They are gorgeous all together Kathy xx

Enfys said...

Just a totally fantastic project Kathy, that Anice boss lady is so good at picking her teamies!
big hugs
En xx

Angelnorth said...

Fab little pillow box, the frosty colours look great!

Anonymous said...

ooo lots of lovely eye candy Kathy!

Allison said...

lovely project
AllisonX