Monday, September 07, 2009

Charlie's Aunt

That's me!

I've made a couple of cards for my lovely nephew in the last couple of weeks. First up was a congratulations card to say well done, and how proud we were when his GCSE results came through and he got exactly what he wanted for getting on to his A level courses.

I've always thought he was a star, but then I'm very biased lol lol

Letters and star shapes all cut by Mr Robo. I managed to squeeze a teeny bit of ribbon and a glittery star brad - not too girly, though, eh?
The papers are from "The Black Market paper Society" and I've used them again for Charlie's birthday card.
How the blazes did he get to be 17 in a mere blink of an eye?

I hand-cut the numbers, used the Robo for the letters and a Quickutz football die for the, er, footballs! The colour scheme is all based around those of Newcastle Utd. I spent quite a while colour-matching that blue shade to the one on their website. Yes, I really am that sad! As if anyone but me would actually even notice!

Realised as I was finishing it that there was very little space to actually add a greeting, but just managed to get a narrow strip of paper hidden behind the bottoms of the numerals to write the message on! This is what it looks like standing up.

I've a couple more cards to share, but I'll save them for next time.

Off now to make a coffee and try and warm myself up. It's freezing here this morning!

Have a great day

12 comments:

Janice said...

Great cards Kathy - very manly!

Karen said...

These are great Kathy...I love the stripes & stars together XXX

tracy said...

very cool kathy,love the papers :)

Kaz said...

Oh that card is perfect for a 17 year old boy/man! Well done you.

Love the congrats card too. Well done Charlie.

Annie said...

Fab cards Kathy. I always struggle for ideas for manly cards. A x

Julia Dunnit said...

Cool. He'll be chuffed. Love the BMPsociety papers but am scared of them at same time, so nice to see your amazing uses!

Anonymous said...

What great male orientated cards....Im sure he'll be thrilled to recieve these from his very talented Auntyx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work here and love the distressing
hugs June x

Lynda said...

These are great Kathy just perfect for a 17 year old. Am sure your nephew will love them.

Thanks for your lovely comments - am honoured to be on the Team and loving it too (but have been lucky with the themes so far)!

Love Lynda xxx

Hazel said...

Just right for a 17 year old - I'm sure he likes them x

Traceyr said...

Great card for a 17 year old. Love the "you're a star" one as well. Looks like corregated card but on closer inspection I see that it is striped paper.

:)

Enfys said...

Two great cards Kathy, but I totally love the stars one, it's just fabulous.
hugs
En xx