Hello,
welcome to my little crafting place.
This time I've not only new goodies to show, but a new designer to introduce!
Anne Oliver (aka Lolli and Grace) is an embroidery designer and instructor with a lovely range of kits, with some using felt. As Spellbinders already has a growing range of stitching goodies including dies able to cut felt for making cute stitched characters, Anne's creations fit in really nicely!
For her first Lolli and Grace collection at Spellbinders Anne created a fabulously Festive set including a rather Nordic Santa, a Christmas Stocking, a Snowman and a Snowlady.
I don't do much sewing these days but as the info we were given said "These designs can also translate into paper" I was keen to see what I could do with them and was very happy to get my hands on the Snowman and Snowlady
I was amazed at how easily these went together and because they are meant for adding embroidery, sequins, beads etc to there's plenty of scope to go wild with your favourite card and paper embellishments
As I wasn't sure how they'd work in card I kept it fairly simple, but they are so easy to use I think there's a lot of fun to be had with these!
My people are made into shaped greetings cards by cutting the base die with the fold part way down each head. I then cut another plain piece with the same die to glue in top of the folded card.
When complete they stand about 14.5 cm high by 10.8 wide
The other layers were built up either in more white card or Spellbinders gorgeous red glitter card and plain lime green card from the colourwheel pack. I embossed the top white layer of each with Whimsical Skies 3D Embossing Folder E3D-166
Once all the layers were in place I set about decorating and decided to go mainly with a couple of sizes of gems, plus a couple of tiny poinsettia flowers using some old dies, but I may well go back and add something like clear beads or some glitter glue to the swirly embossed 'snow'
Items used on these cards
from Spellbinders
Video Tutorials:
Other stuff:
Ink
Gems
Waxed twine for scarf fringe
Just a Note
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- you can use it to access the store whenever you buy from SpellbindersIt doesn't cost you anything, but I may get a little reward for pointing you there.There's
a UK based shop now, so you can use the 'Visit Our UK Store' button at
the top right of any page on the Spellbinders site
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you so much for coming by, please do leave a message if you can!
Happy Crafting, Take care of yourself, and please come back soon!
Kathy xx




No comments:
Post a Comment