Friday, May 28, 2021

Make a Splash

 


 Hello

  Hope you had a lovely week. The weather is improving at last, which is a bit of a shock as its a Bank Holiday weekend!

They're now doing walk-ins at out local Covid Vaccination centre for the 2nd dose of the vaccine, so we're going to get that done asap instead of waiting till mid June for the appointments we were given.  It will be good to get that all sorted.

This week's Daring Cardmakers' challenge was a tricky one for me,
 
but a challenge is a challenge and opting out just because its not an 'area' I'm into would be cowardly!

 it's Jenny here to host this week's challenge and  I wanted to squeeze this theme in before June comes along.  

 You're Mermazing!

May is a month to celebrate mermaids with artists and crafters sharing their projects using the hashtag #MerMay.  I'd love to see your mermaid inspired cards this week, check out the gorgeous makes form my design team colleagues just in case your imagination needs a little spark to get started.  I can't wait to see all your mermazing makes!

 Click here to see this week's design team inspiration  

 
Info
A smooth white square card blank, with a square of the same card coloured with a few aqua shades of Nuvo mousse, edges inked in black then adhered to the base card.
As usual when there's a tricky challenge, I turned to Etsy and hunted out some suitable digital papers.  This one comes from a fabulous collection of fish scale patterns by PixelJungle
Using  an image from the web as a guide I drew the mermaid tail shape and made a template.  I resized the digital paper before printing then used the template to cut the tail. I made a sentiment piece, glued it in place then finished the card with some glitter glue and some dew drops in clear and turquoise.
 
Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when you do!

Happy Crafting, and please take care of yourself.


3 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is so lovely Kathy
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous I love it. We had our second jabs yesterday. This time neither of us had side effects. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Such a fun card Kathy - very clever! Shabneez x