Thursday, June 10, 2021

Balloons for June

 

   Hello

Somehow or other I completely forgot to blog my card for the last Daring Cardmakers challenge, so as the new one is out tomorrow, I thought I'd better get on and post it quickly!

 Rizwana chose the mood board for our June Elemental Inspiration challenge

 "I've chosen a bright and Summery board with lots of Summertime treats and pleasures!
Just choose at least three elements (colour scheme counts as one element) from the picture to kick start your project."

 Click here to see this week's design team inspiration  


For my card I chose the Squares from the layout, the Balloons and the word 'Hello' as my main elements, but added some bright Summery colours in too.

 
Info
My base card is a smooth white square card blank stencilled with a Crafters Workshop stencil and a couple of shades of blue Nuvo Mousse from Tonic Studios. 
I then cut an aperture in the front of the card and added more blue colour to the inside where it shows through.
For the balloons I inked a few pieces of card then die cut the balloon shapes, arranging them over the aperture.  I added black and white baker's twine to the reverse. The loose ends of the twine were gathered up and the striped card glued over them to keep them in place.  To complete this card I made the 'Hello' sentiment using a similar font to that on the mood board

Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when you do!

Happy Crafting, and please take care of yourself.


5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

such a sweet card Kathy
Gr Karin

Angelnorth said...

Fun bunch of balloons and a really bright and happy look to this Kathy - love it!

Shabneez said...

Fabulous card Kathy - it was worth waiting for! Shabneez x

R's Rue said...

Such a sweet card. I love it.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com