Monday, May 17, 2021

Proud as a Peacock

 

 

 Hello

  Hope you had a lovely week.

Just a quick post today as I'm very late; we were away for the weekend and despite having this nearly ready to post I just didn't get around to finishing it.

Joanne set the Daring Cardmakers' challenge for this week:

Proud as a Peacock

This week, I would like you to take inspiration from the beauty of the peacock 
for your card. You might choose an image of the bird itself, a 
beautiful “eye” feather or simply the gorgeous iridescent
 colours of a peacock’s plumage applied to other images
 - think rich blues, greens, purples and even a little bronze. 
Extra brownie points if you can work in a “proud of you” or “you did it!” theme!

 Click here to see this week's design team inspiration  

 

I decided to go with Peacock colours for my card, and circles to echo the 'eyes' on their feathers
Info
My base card is a smooth white square card blank covered with a piece of royal blue Bazzill card
Using lots of inks in peacock shades I covered an A4 sheet of smooth white card, then used a foam brush to cover it all over with a thin layer of PVA.  
While this was still tacky I added a few streaks and sprinkles of copper glitter.

Once totally dry I arranged various sized circle dies on the different  coloured areas and ran through the die cutter.  I repeated this until I had enough to arrange on the card.

The words were cut using a lime green card and a couple of die sets.  The numerals were also die cut, but I then coated them with adhesive and dowsed them with more of the copper glitter and allowing to dry before gluing in place


 
Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when you do!

Happy Crafting, and please take care of yourself.


5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I love the design. Have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a great card Kathy

Gr Karin

Angelnorth said...

This makes me think of planets as well as peacocks somehow! Lovely dramatic card Kathy!

Shabneez said...

Loving the rich colours Kathy - definitely make me think of peacocks! Shabneez x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card. The colours work so well, and the use of the glitter is inspired!