Friday, July 10, 2020

Got a Lotta Dots



Hi there
 I've had one of those weeks when I've felt a bit lethargic and generally 'under the weather' and haven't felt  much like doing anything.  Do you ever feel like that or am I just a lazy wot-sit and need to give myself a good talking to and shake myself out of it?

I completely failed to do a midweek catch up blog post (again) but I have however made two cards, including the one for today's Daring Cardmakers challenge.  Just as well I found the willpower to do it though as its my turn to set the challenge this week!

 "Deckchair Stripes and Sunny Dots

I've been using small areas of spots and stripes on loads of my cards lately, especially in a simple Black and White combo, often just to mat my sentiment on, as a 'foil' for all the other colours.
So this week I'd like to see lots of spots. stripes or both on your cards please
Use paper, paints, inks, stencils, stamps....
Make them however you like and whatever colours or sizes you like"
 Click HERE to see this week's fabulous DT inspiration
 

Info
This is another of my current fave 'fat rectangle
 cards.  It started out as a 15cm square smooth white card blank, but I cut about a 2cm strip from the side to make this shape
I taped a Crafters Workshop 'Polka Dots' stencil onto the card then spent some time filling in all the polka dots with a lot of different coloured inks applied with rolled up scraps of used wet wipes - I save any used wipes that aren't covered with ink or paint to reuse for this kind of ink job
Next I coloured a piece of spare card with yellow and peachy shades and when dry die cut the petals for my big flower (Dies by Tonic Studios).
I added polka dots to the petals by taping them to the reverse of the stencil and applying Nuvo coral embellishing mousse with another scrap of wet wipe. 
A strip of Black and White diagonal striped card was glued across the card, then the flower adhered in place. 
The 'HELLO ' letters were die cut from gold glitter card and glued to as strip of black card. I decided it didn't look right placed straight across, so glued it down at an angle instead. 
To finish, I punched a small gold glitter card circle to use as the centre of the flower


That's all for today, Thank You so much for visiting,
i hope you'll leave a comment, I really love seeing your messages - and I'd love it if you'd join in with us this week!!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe

6 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I love the design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautifull Kathy

gr karin

jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts said...

Great challenge prompt Kathy and I love your colourful spots with the black and white stripes and touch of sparkle. My crafty mojo has been a bit quiet this week too, but I'm hoping it will find me again this week! Have a lovely weekend xx

Handmade by Natty said...

Really enjoyed this challenge Kathy! :D That's a lovely card and you can never go wrong with black and white stripes. So eye catching and very glam with the gold glitter sentiment. :D

Svenja said...

Fab! Fresh and summery :-)

Angelnorth said...

A very happy-looking card Kathy, love teh B&W anchor strip with the riot of coloured dots!