Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Two Little Birds

 Hi there

How are you? I hope you enjoyed the Bank Holiday Weekend, but kept well away from those who don't give a toss about their own safety or that of others!
The sunny, but breezy weather combined with all the pollen around at the moment doesn't do a hayfever sufferer any good at all, so I've been
more than happy to stay in the relative calm of the indoors!

I'm really late blogging my 
Daring Cardmakers project for this week, apologies to Nat, who set a lovely challenge for us this time.  I was looking forward to it, but when I started trying to put something together I really struggled to make something I liked.  In the end I made 2 cards, and wasn't happy with either!  Maybe its a 'frame of mind' thing.
Anyway, here's Nat's challenge:
"This week, I'd like you to....

Feature Birds on Your Cards
Stamps, die cuts, stickers, papers... our fine feathered friends are a real staple of many product lines and will definitely help lift someone's day. :)
To get you started, Click HERE for some feathery inspiration from the design team"
I really wanted to use a cute little die set I received from the lovely Holley in her recent prize draw event.  It was so nice to receive this little treat in the post all the way from America - it made me smile not only because its so sweet, but because as a Crafter's Companion set, it had been to America and then come home to England!
 


The little bird, the cage and the pink flowers at the bottom of the cage are from Holley's gift (Crafter's Companion), the leaves, small flowers and the leafy wreath are from various Spellbinders sets
The flowery paper is a scrap piece from one of the papers in Paula Pasqual's Papercraft Society box
The black and white papers and sentiment are my own makes
I used gilding flakes in copper and gold to decorate the cage
For the bird, I covered a scrap of card with a few different shades of Tonic Studios Embellishment Mousse, cut out the shape then rubbed some Nuvo Glitter Paste over the top.  I cut the same shape in gold card and stuck tape over the reverse before removing from the die to stop the tiny pieces falling out.  Then glued the 2 layers together

Card 2


Info
Smooth white card blank, Funky Fossil 'Lines' stencilled in pink ink
Bird and flowers: Crafter's Companion
Scribble Circles and plain circle: Tonic Studios
Fencing and butterflies: Papercraft Society
Leafy Swirls: Crafts Too
Other: Inks Versamagic, Tonic Studios Embellishment Mousse, small gems, home made decal sentiment


That's all for today, Thank You so much for visiting,
please leave a comment, I really love seeing your messages!
Happy Crafting, and stay safe!


3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous. Like you we stayed close to home on the bank holiday. There is no point in putting us and others at risk. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

such beautiful cards Kathy
Gr Karin

Shabneez said...

Both your creations are so well designed Kathy - it was worth the wait! Shabneez x