Saturday, May 09, 2020

8 Inky Fingers and 2 Inky Thumbs



Hi there
I'm late with my Daring Cardmakers card this week, we had a rather busy day yesterday and I ran out of time!  I know that in these days of Lockdown that sounds weird!  i guess all things are relative. 
Did you do anything to celebrate VEday75?  We are lucky enough to live in a quiet street, with lovely neighbours who do get together from time to time.  During the Covid19 pandemic we've all been out to applaud the keyworkers on Thursdays and shout greetings to each other to make sure everyone is ok, we've also taken to heading out into the street for a Sunday lunchtime 'wine o'clock' catch up - I guess it must look rather odd to anyone who drives down the road, or walks past, seeing all these people standing far apart, chatting (shouting) to each other.  Yesterday we were all out in our front gardens, having a Lockdown version of a street party.  The funny thing is, I'm not sure we'd have organised ourselves into having a street party in the conventional sense - but because we all find ourselves in this strange semi-isolated life, we made the effort and had a lovely afternoon together, but apart!
Anyhoo, I wasn't organised enough to get my post ready ahead of time, and didn't get round to having any computer time yesterday, so here's my card for Rizwana's fab first challenge,  a day and a bit late, sorry Rizwana
 
     Create an Inky Background

"I would love to see some inky backgrounds using any medium like paints, inks, sprays, distress inks, distress oxides etc. You can use stencils to add interest. Most of all have fun creating them. Check out all the inspiration from the Design Team HERE and we all look forward to seeing what you come up with!"
 

I had a lovely time playing around with all the inky, painty stuff I have managed to accumulate.  I'm not very good at using it but it is fun to see what you can come up with, and yes, all fingers and thumbs were suitably inky by the end of the session.  I made a few backgrounds but the one I chose to use, and to add more 'stuff' to was the one on this card.
Info
I covered my piece of card with various Distress Oxide Inks and did a bit of water spraying until I was happy with the base section.
Next I grabbed one of my new Funky Fossil stencils and added this little lot:
lighter and darker blue shades of ink
 aqua and turquoise colours of ink
gold embellishment mousse
 gold and turquoise Glitter gel
Then having first cleaned the stencil, I replaced it in position and used a palette knife to spread a thick layer of PVA glue over some areas.
Obviously I quickly removed and washed the stencil clean of excess glue!
Once dry, the glue adds a glossy shine to those areas.
I cut down and adhered the panel to my card, but thought the white area looked a bit bare so used the stencil to add some faint colour, and also a little PVA glue again - this time when the glue was almost dry I added some gilding flakes to those areas
'HAPPY' is two layers blue card, topped with one of gold
'birthday' is a sticker
The butterfly is from a Hunkydory die set, lower layer cut from a spare piece of the blue inky card, the upper layer form gold card

That's all for today, Thank You so much for visiting,
please leave a comment, I really love seeing your messages!

Happy Crafting, and stay safe!



5 comments:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

what a great background and gorgeous card

KarinsArtScrap said...

so beautifullllllll Kathy
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Rizwana said...

Hello Kathy I love your background with all the shades of blue my favourite colour. I have never tried PVA glue through a stencil but definitely will now. The gliding flakes add a beautiful touch. Thank you for joining in hugs Rizwana

Angelnorth said...

Lots of lovely glitz and shine to go with the inkiness - love it!