Saturday, April 11, 2020

Sparkle and Shine

 
Hello

H A P P Y      E A S T E R
I hope you're keeping safe and well and finding your own way to cope with our new way of life!  At least as Crafters and Makers we have plenty of stash and resources at hand and of course, most of us know that crafting is a great therapy in times of stress!

This week at The Daring Cardmakers Dawn is setting the challenge:
  
Clean and Simple with a dash of Sparkle
is the theme of this weeks challenge.  
I would like to see lots of white space on your clean and simple projects but as I  believe a card isn't finished until you add a little bling, please also include some gems, sequins, glitter on your creations this week.
  You can see what our fab Design Team made by clicking HERE



 Info
 White base card 
Spare card for die cut circle
 Aqua rectangles are stencilled using Nuvo Embellishment mousse
(I had to alter an existing stencil to get the shapes I wanted)
The mousse gives a lovely soft metallic finish which doesn't really show up well on the photos
Scraps of card for the daffodil, the die came in my Christmas stocking, so good to give it an airing!
White ion black sentiment created on the pc
Black and white twine
Glittery accents are Stickles

 I only make a couple of Easter cards, and the second is much like this one, just with different glittery dots!
I don't find the 'white space' thing easy, so this was quite a taxing challenge, but I rather like the results. and hope you do too.

please leave a comment, I really love seeing your messages! 


Happy Crafting!




4 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I love the design. Happy Easter to you. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Dawn said...

Beautiful card with stunning flowers and just the right amount of sparkle. xxx

Shabneez said...

Beautiful card Kathy. Love the design and I see you used the mousse! Shabneez x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely, hope you had a happy Easter