Friday, November 22, 2019

Natural, Gold and White

Hello
I hope you've had a great week.  So much for being a better blogger - it got to yesterday afternoon and I realised that contrary to my good intentions I'd not managed ablog post since last Friday. 
How's the Cword shopping going? Hopefully better than mine....
At least I've managed a few Cword cards this week, though not as many as I'd hoped.  
As ever, Friday is Daring Cardmakers Day so here's 
this week's challenge:
Natural, Gold and White
This week 'Anything Goes' and its a Colour Palette challenge
So, feel free to share any kind of craft project you
 fancy making, but with the beautiful
Natural, Gold and White colour palette, please!
 Visit the Daring Cardmakers  Blog to see this week's DT creations

I made a gift box and then, inspired by seeing some of the things the rest of the DT were making, I thought I'd make a card too.  I went on to make more cards, but as I sneaked a tiny bit of red onto those ones I'll share them another day
Infor
The ribbed Kraft cardstock I used for my box came from PDA Woodward 
The box die is by Spellbinders.  Its one of their steel rule dies and cut really well, I've had the die for ages, but shame on me, I've not used it till now. Whil;e the pieces were still flat I gut the snowflake aperture in all 4 sides and glued gold glitter card behind each face.
 My problem came when trying to tuck the flaps through the slots to close up the base  of the box - I just couldn't get them to fit in and sit neatly.  Maybe because this card is quite a thick one, I should try again with a Bazzill type card.  In the end I cut a square of scrap card and glued it to the base rather than throw it across the room in frustration!
I used my current favourite die set, the snowflakes set from Bright Rosa to add different gold and white snowflakes in the apertures.  I sealed the box with white satin ribbon, then made some snowflake streamers to hang from the bow.  Just more snowflakes, plus a couple of stars, glued back to back with gold twine between the layers.
Card Info
From the leftover Kraft I cut a strip to fit across the white card blank
For the tree I used a top layer of white glitter card and a lower layer of gold mirror card using an old Memory Box die.  I didn't want the tiny insert pieces to come out of the gold layer, so I kept them in place with some clear tape before removing the shape from the die.  I glued the layers together, offsetting slightly so the gold shows down the side as well as through the holes.
Yo finish I cut a gold pot shape, added a box on top, then decorated the tree with a variety of gold stars.  The JOY letters are from another Memory Box die set from a few years ago

 That's all for today, thank you so much for visiting, I really appreciate your messages.  Hope you have a great weekend
 
Happy Crafting!




 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Janet Packer said...

Lovely projects Kathy. I love that colour combination - so classy!

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautifullllll projects Kathy
Gr Karin

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous color combo. Great creations

Rizwana said...

Absolutely beautiful so elegant and love these colours to work with xx