Tuesday, November 26, 2019

It All Popped Out!

Hello


I'm still trying (and to be fair, largely failing) to catch up on blogging some things I've made over the last month or two and failed to share on here.
This time it's the card I made a few weeks ago for my cousin's birthday.  He loves Jaffa Cakes and for him, one box is never enough...... so I made his card a special 'box' stuffed with them!
Info
Firstly I made the pop up box-card using Bazzill card, echoing the colours of the Jaffa Cakes boxes.
I hunted out suitable images on the internet and after a bit of resizing I printed them out onto glossy photo paper (to get that shiny chocolate effect) and glued them onto scraps of brown card.
Next I cut out parts of the images and arranged them on to the hinges of the card.  Some were glued directly onto the hinges, front and back pieces, others were attached first to pieces of card so that they would stand higher, or at different angles.
It's important to keep folding the box flat to check that most of the pieces can't be seen when the card is closed. 

This photo shows the card closed up and ready to go in the envelope


I kept the outside simple, just using coloured squares.  The band that keeps it closed is a strip of card wrapped around to fit closely enough not to fall off of its own accord, but loose enough to be easy to remove.  I die cut matching stars to decorate it, along with a banner and the sentiment cut a bit like the wording on the Jaffa Cakes box



I had fun making this, knowing that my cousin would like it, and knowing that he'd open it then shake his head thinking: "She's got way too much time on her hands.  She's completely mad!".  Part of the fun is knowing that he'll open the envelope thinking "Okay, lets see what's she done this time"

Anyway, that's my lot for today, thanks for visiting, leave a comment and I'll pop over to visit your blog asap!

Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

delicious cardbox Kathy looks great
Gr Karin

Janet Packer said...

What a fabulous card! I’d love to see the recipient’s reaction!

Gwyneth said...

Absolutely fantastic. I just love it.
GG

Angelnorth said...

This is such great fun Kathy, I bet your cousin loved his explosion of jaffa cakes! Love the understated outside that just sort of hints at what might be to come!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Omg that is just stunning. Wow just amazing

Shabneez said...

Brilliant Kathy! Such a fun card and you can now do it with everyone's favourite food!!!!! Shabneez x