Friday, November 15, 2019

I'm (not) Dreaming of a White Christmas


Hello!

How's it going in your world? 
At the end of last week we had a few days over in Southwold.  The flat has now had the best part of two letting years, but we've obviously had a lot of very careful guests staying there as there were only a couple of small maintenance jobs to do!  So apart from those and sorting out what supplies we needed to stock up for our lovely Housekeeper we were able to enjoy being by the seaside.  We reckon that "the sun always shines in Southwold" and although we did have one very rainy day, the sun came out for the rest of the time - how lucky was that for a November when half the country was being deluged and flood warnings were all over the place?
Walks along the pier and prom were enjoyed!

Over at the Daring Cardmakers the 'Have a Very Crafty Christmas' season of challenges continues and this week it's a 'Just Cards' challenge 
Christmas Songs and Carols
choose any Christmas Song or Carol as the inspiration for making your card. If you want to add a twist by making it a non-Christmas card then go for it! We’d love to see how you manage that! 
Visit the Daring Cardmakers blog to see what our designers have made

I wanted to use Bing Crosby's  "White Christmas" as the song for my card. The plan was to incorporate the eclipse idea and use some lovely sheet music paper from a digital collection I bought with this challenge in mind.  However that didn't quite work as I'd hoped, so I started over with a simplified plan. 
And then, even worse, I discovered that the 'A' from my much used and much loved Spellbinders alphabet set has gone missing.  I could cry! 😭😭😭


Info
Using a sheet of Bazzill Diamond White card, and unable to find the letter 'A' die, I resorted to cutting the CHRISTMAS letters out using my Silhouette Cameo.  Admittedly, cutting them all again 4 times in red card was a lot quicker on the Silhouette than it would have been with dies!
I cut down the white layer to fit the large card blank I'd made and glued it in place.  Once the letters were all layered up I added those in the gaps left.
Next I cut lots of Christmas trees using an old Sue Wilson set of dies and white glitter card.  I also cut them in plain white card several times so that I could layer them up and get lots of definition.
I arranged them on the card, keeping 4 back for the front layer.  These were then matted onto bits of chipboard before I added them to the card.
I added punched stars in a silvery white glitter card.
To pull it all together I added more red highlights with some shiny snowflakes and a piece of red eyelash fibre I found while I was looking for something else. 

I hope you'll pop over to see the fab cards the DT have made this week, and of course it would be wonderful to have you join in with the Daring Cardmakers this week

Sunny Southwold 
  



  Thanks for looking in today, please leave a message - I'll be sure to return the favour if your do 😊

Happy Crafting!




5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning Christmas card. Enjoy your time away. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Dawn said...

This is stunning and I hope your A turns up.

Jan said...

Great card and photos xx Jan

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

love your card!! gorgeous work. I don't like snow. I am dreaming of a Christmas where I can wear shorts, lol :)

Cheers, Holley

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous christmas card Kathy
Gr Karin