Friday, October 25, 2019

Happy Haunting!


Hello!

An apology to start with today as I've been such a bad blogger, and blog-hopper lately. It's down to October-itis; that feeling of impending doom I get at this time every year.  I just find the shortening days and the whole dreariness of it so depressing.  My shoulders sag, I don't want to go anywhere or even see anyone - really I just want to hibernate, and I know I'm not the onw who dinfs this time of the year a challenge.

 Anyway, forgive me for being a miserable old bat, I'll get over it, eventually! I'll just keep my head down and hope that a bit of craft-therapy will help

Here's this week's challenge to the Daring Cardmakers
 
Halloween Inspired
It's Shabneez here this time, and as there are only a
few days left to Halloween I would love to see
your spooky creations.
If you don't have anything suitable in
your stash then how about using Halloween
inspired colours on your creations?
Click HERE to visit the blog and see what our Designers came up with.

Halloween isn't my favourite time - I'm the sort who closes the blinds, turns the lights down and doesn't answer the doorbell  Bah humbug!

but anyway, I thought I'd have a go at making a pumpkin shaped card, and came up with this

Info
I used orange card and a large oval die to make the card base. then cut 5 smaller orange ovals with a bit of extra inking added to make the top section. 
I inked some plain white card in the green and natural shades to use for the stalk and vines. The stalk was hand cut, and the vines die cut using a die from
Spellbinders
The sentiment was pc generated and then hand cut and inked.  I made a couple of extra tiny pumpkins from yellow and cream card for extra detail 


Just of fun, I had a look through my dies folders to see what else could be adapted to the Halloween theme, and spotted the 'Chill' ice cream set by
Spellbinders

I thought the scoops of ice cream shapes would make cute little ghosties, especially with the addition of googly eyes! 
I tied some raffia around the top and added a little tag to finish


I hope you'll pop over to see the fab cards the DT have made this week, and of course it would be wonderful to have you join in with the Daring Cardmakers this week

Thanks for looking in today


Happy Crafting!


4 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your makes are stunning. I love them both. I am sorry you are feeling poorly. I know lots of people feel like this at this time of year. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

what great pumpkin card and your spooky is fantastic Kathy
Gr Karin

Shabneez said...

Absolutely love these - that ghost one is really clever indeed! All you need at this time of year is to talk to me daily (sure to drive you batty!) and craft! Sending love x

Dawn said...

Two fabulous cards and I do love those ghosts. x